AffiliationChristie Hospital, Withington, Manchester, M20 4BX, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe knees of 20 patients with rheumatoid arthritis were each examined on two occasions on the same morning by three observers. Assessments were made of joint warmth, synovial thickening, effusion, instability, quadriceps power, bony enlargement, range of movement, and knee circumference, and were graded on a scale of 0-4. Analysis of the results shows close intraobserver agreement for all measurements but considerable interobserver variation for all subjective measurements.
CitationObserver variation in examination of knee joints. 1978, 37 (4):376-7 Ann. Rheum. Dis.
JournalAnnals of the Rheumatic Diseases
- Interobserver and Intraobserver Reliability of Clinical Assessments in Knee Osteoarthritis.
- Authors: Maricar N, Callaghan MJ, Parkes MJ, Felson DT, O'Neill TW
- Issue date: 2016 Dec
- [Volumes of synovial membrane and joint effusion determined by MR imaging. Markers of severity and/or activity in rheumatoid arthritis?].
- Authors: Ostergaard M, Gideon P, Stoltenberg MB, Henriksen O, Lorenzen I
- Issue date: 1997 Jun 16
- Changes in synovial membrane and joint effusion volumes after intraarticular methylprednisolone. Quantitative assessment of inflammatory and destructive changes in arthritis by MRI.
- Authors: Ostergaard M, Stoltenberg M, Gideon P, Sørensen K, Henriksen O, Lorenzen I
- Issue date: 1996 Jul
- Noninvasive measurement of acceleration at the knee joint in patients with rheumatoid arthritis and spondyloarthropathy of the knee.
- Authors: Reddy NP, Rothschild BM, Verrall E, Joshi A
- Issue date: 2001 Dec
- Evaluation of a method for clinically assessing osteoarthritis of the knee.
- Authors: Jones A, Hopkinson N, Pattrick M, Berman P, Doherty M
- Issue date: 1992 Feb