A preliminary trial of doxorubicin in advanced breast cancer and other malignant disease.
AffiliationChristie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Manchester
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractDoxorubicin in a dose of 60 mg/m(2) has been used in the treatment of 23 patients with advanced malignant disease, 18 of whom had carcinoma of the breast. The drug has significant clinical activity on its own, prolonged dosage may be required to obtain a response, and there is a risk of cerebral metastases becoming manifest during treatment which is otherwise successful. Cardiac toxicity appears to be acceptably low with this dose regimen.
CitationA preliminary trial of doxorubicin in advanced breast cancer and other malignant disease. 1974, 29 (2):114-6 Br. J. Cancer
JournalBritish Journal of Cancer
PubMed Central IDPMC2008997
- [Adriamycin as a single agent in various forms of advanced neoplasia of adults and children (author's transl)].
- Authors: Bonadonna G, Beretta G, Tancini G, De Palo GM, Gasparini M, Doci R
- Issue date: 1974 Sep-Oct
- Adriamycin-a review.
- Authors: Carter SK
- Issue date: 1975 Dec
- Combination chemotherapy with adriamycin (NSC-123127) and 1-(2-chloroethyl)-3-cyclohexyl 1-nitrosourea (CCNU; NSC-79037).
- Authors: Einhorn LH, Livingston RB, Gottlieb JA
- Issue date: 1973 Nov-Dec
- Difficulties designing clinical trials as exemplified by a phase 2 drug evaluation of 5(3,3-bis(2-chloroethyl)-1-triazenol)-imidazole-4-carboxamide and 1-(2-chloroethyl)-3-cyclohexyl-1-nitrosourea in patients with disseminated breast cancer.
- Authors: Ahmann DL, Bisel HF, Hahn RG
- Issue date: 1973 Jul
- Epirubicin: a review of the pharmacology, clinical activity, and adverse effects of an adriamycin analogue.
- Authors: Cersosimo RJ, Hong WK
- Issue date: 1986 Mar