Investigation of the possible involvement of ketonic derivatives of polycyclic hydrocarbons in hydrocarbon carcinogenesis.
Abstract5,6-Dihydro-5-oxo-7,12-dimethylbenz(a)anthracene and 5,6-dihydro-6-oxo-7,12-dimethylbenz(a)anthracene are described. These compounds, which are isomeric with 7,12-dimethylbenz(a)anthracene-5,6-oxide (the K-region epoxide), were inactive in tests for tumor-initiating activity in mouse skin and tumor production in the s.c. tissue of the mouse.
CitationInvestigation of the possible involvement of ketonic derivatives of polycyclic hydrocarbons in hydrocarbon carcinogenesis. 1975, 35 (3):652-7 Cancer Res.
- Mouse skin tumor-initiating activity of 5-, 7-, and 12-methyl- and fluorine-substituted benz[a]anthracenes.
- Authors: Wood AW, Levin W, Chang RL, Conney AH, Slaga TJ, O'Malley RF, Newman MS, Buhler DR, Jerina DM
- Issue date: 1982 Sep
- Mutagenicity and tumor-initiating activity of fluorinated derivatives of 7,12-dimethylbenz(a)anthracene.
- Authors: Huberman E, Slaga TJ
- Issue date: 1979 Feb
- [Combined effect on the skin of a single application of 7,12-dimethylbenz(a)anthracene and repeated applications of benz(a)pyrene].
- Authors: Turusov VS, Andrianov LA
- Issue date: 1972 Mar
- Evidence that benzo(a)anthracene 3,4-diol-1,2-epoxide is an ultimate carcinogen on mouse skin.
- Authors: Levin W, Thakker DR, Wood AW, Chang RL, Lehr RE, Jerina DM, Conney AH
- Issue date: 1978 Jun
- Correlation between formation of a specific hydrocarbon-deoxyribonucleoside adduct and tumor-initiating activity of 7,12-dimethylbenz(a)anthracene and its 9- and 10-monofluoroderivatives in mice.
- Authors: DiGiovanni J, Sawyer TW, Fisher EP
- Issue date: 1986 Sep