Evidence for extrathyroidal formation of 3-iodothyronamine in humans as provided by a novel monoclonal antibody-based chemiluminescent serum immunoassay.
AffiliationInstitut für Experimentelle Endokrinologie, Charité-Universitätsmedizin Berlin, Berlin, Germany.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThyronamines are thyronergic metabolites of thyroid hormones. Lack of reliable and sensitive detection methods for endogenous 3-iodothyronamine (3-T(1)AM) has so far hampered progress in understanding their physiological action and role in endocrine homeostasis or pathophysiology of diseases.
CitationEvidence for extrathyroidal formation of 3-iodothyronamine in humans as provided by a novel monoclonal antibody-based chemiluminescent serum immunoassay. 2011, 96 (6):1864-72 J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab.
JournalJournal of Clinical Endocrinology and Metabolism
- Detection of 3,5-diiodothyronine in sera of patients with altered thyroid status using a new monoclonal antibody-based chemiluminescence immunoassay.
- Authors: Lehmphul I, Brabant G, Wallaschofski H, Ruchala M, Strasburger CJ, Köhrle J, Wu Z
- Issue date: 2014 Sep
- Detection of 3-iodothyronamine in human patients: a preliminary study.
- Authors: Galli E, Marchini M, Saba A, Berti S, Tonacchera M, Vitti P, Scanlan TS, Iervasi G, Zucchi R
- Issue date: 2012 Jan
- 3-Iodothyronamine (T(1)AM): a new chapter of thyroid hormone endocrinology?
- Authors: Ianculescu AG, Scanlan TS
- Issue date: 2010 Aug
- Evidence for thyroid hormone as a positive regulator of serum thyrotropin bioactivity.
- Authors: Oliveira JH, Barbosa ER, Kasamatsu T, Abucham J
- Issue date: 2007 Aug
- Biosynthesis of 3-iodothyronamine (T1AM) is dependent on the sodium-iodide symporter and thyroperoxidase but does not involve extrathyroidal metabolism of T4.
- Authors: Hackenmueller SA, Marchini M, Saba A, Zucchi R, Scanlan TS
- Issue date: 2012 Nov