A comparison of computer methods for the analysis of fraction labelled mitoses curves.
AffiliationFinsen Laboratory, Copenhagen, Denmark
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractComputer methods developed by the authors for analysis of fraction labelled mitoses curves (FLM curves) have been compared. Four test examples were used in the study; the first example was the synthesis of a FLM curve with fixed parameters and the others involved fitting actual data. Experimental FLM curves showing various degrees of damping were used in the curve fitting tests. In each test example the comparison was based on the assumptions of exponential growth, a growth fraction of unity and no cell loss. In three of the test examples good agreement between the methods was observed but in one example some important discrepancies arose in the analysis of a heavily damped FLM curve.
CitationA comparison of computer methods for the analysis of fraction labelled mitoses curves. 1975, 8 (2):119-24 Cell Tissue Kinet
JournalCell and Tissue Kinetics
- The proliferative response of the coagulating gland of the castrated mouse under continuous androgen stimulation: an experimental and computer simulation model.
- Authors: Morley AR, Appleton DR, Wright NA, Alison MR
- Issue date: 1975 Jun
- Cell kinetic studies on the JB-1 ascites tumour of the mouse. FLM-method modified by double-labelling with [3H]- and [14C]thymidine.
- Authors: Müller VO, Friede H, Schultze B
- Issue date: 1982 Jul
- The automatic analysis of FLM curves.
- Authors: Takahashi M, Hogg JD Jr, Mendelsohn ML
- Issue date: 1971 Nov
- An autoradiographical topological study of the epithelial cell proliferative activity in the ascending colon of the mouse using a modified technique for determining the fraction of labelled mitoses (FLM).
- Authors: Baril A, Boucheron S, Hivert M
- Issue date: 1983
- The technique of labelled mitoses: analysis by automatic curve-fitting.
- Authors: Steel GG, Hanes S
- Issue date: 1971 Jan