The effect of prostaglandin E1 on hemopoiesis in long-term bone marrow cultures.
AffiliationPaterson Laboratories, Christie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Manchester M20 9BX
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe effect of prostaglandin E1 (PGE1) on the proliferation and differentiation of hemopoietic stem cells has been studied in a long-term bone marrow liquid culture system. In cultures supplemented with PGE1, there was a dose dependent decrease in both CFUS and CFUc. (CSA levels rose dose dependently, with a concomitant increase in mature granulocyte production. Macrophage production was suppressed.) After cessation of PGE1 treatment, CFUS and CFUc returned gradually to the control values and CSA was not detectable. There was no significant effect on hemopoiesis in cultures supplemented with 10(-8) M or less concentrations.
CitationThe effect of prostaglandin E1 on hemopoiesis in long-term bone marrow cultures. 1980, 8 (3):298-303 Exp Hematol
- AM5, a protein-associated polysaccharide, stimulates hematopoiesis and modulates the expression of endogenous hematopoietic growth factors in murine long-term bone marrow cultures.
- Authors: Güenechea G, Bueren JA, Maganto G, Tuduri P, Guerrero A, Pivel JP, Real A
- Issue date: 1995 Mar
- Abnormal modulation of granulocyte/macrophage progenitor proliferation by prostaglandin E in chronic myeloproliferative disorders.
- Authors: Taetle R, Guittard JP, Mendelsohn JM
- Issue date: 1980 Nov
- The effect of hydrocortisone on the production and differentiation of granulocyte/macrophage progenitor cells in long-term bone marrow cultures.
- Authors: Motomura S, Katsuno M, Kaneko S, Ibayashi H
- Issue date: 1983 Jan
- The effects of tumor-promoting phorbol esters on human granulopoiesis in vitro.
- Authors: Sullivan R, Brodie RA, Larsen NE, Gans PJ, McCarroll LA
- Issue date: 1984 Aug
- Release of granulocyte-specific colony-stimulating activity by human bone marrow exposed to phorbol esters.
- Authors: Gerson SL, Cooper RA
- Issue date: 1984 Apr