Measurement of oestradiol receptors by five institutions on common tissue samples.
AffiliationChristie Hospital, Withington, Manchester, M20 4BX, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe soluble oestrogen-receptor content of common breast tumours has been measured by 5 different laboratories, each using their own assay procedure. Good agreement was achieved on whether a sample was positive or negative for oestrogen receptor. Qualitative differences between laboratories could be explained by differences in thiol-reagent content of assay medium and by the method of homogenization. Recommendations are made on some of the factors involved in the routine assay of receptors in breast tumours.
CitationMeasurement of oestradiol receptors by five institutions on common tissue samples. 1978, 38 (3):428-30 Br. J. Cancer
JournalBritish Journal of Cancer
PubMed Central IDPMC2009740
- Quality control of estradiol receptor analysis: the United Kingdom experience.
- Authors: King RJ
- Issue date: 1980 Dec 15
- Racial differences in oestrogen receptor and peroxidase status of human breast cancer tissue.
- Authors: Collings JR, Levin J, Savage N
- Issue date: 1980 Mar 22
- Oestrogen receptor assay of cryostat sections of human breast carcinomas with simultaneous quantitative histology.
- Authors: Underwood JC, Dangerfield VJ, Parsons MA
- Issue date: 1983 Apr
- Comparison of soluble oestrogen and progestin receptor content of primary breast tumours from Japan and Britain.
- Authors: King RJ, Hayward JL, Kumaoka S, Yamamoto H
- Issue date: 1977 Sep
- The incidence of positive oestrogen and progesterone receptors in breast cancer of Greek women.
- Authors: Vassilaros S, Adamopoulos DA, Papadiamantis J, Dessypris A, Kapolla N
- Issue date: 1981