AuthorsPotten, Christopher S
AffiliationPaterson Laboratories, Christie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Manchester
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractRadio-isotope disappearance curves and autoradiography (labelled DNA precursors and labelled amino acids) have been used to estimate the minimum transit times for four regions of epidermis in mice. The post-mitotic maturation time in the basal layer has been estimated and the results interpreted in relation to proliferation rates and epidermal organisation.
CitationEpidermal transit times. 1975, 93 (6):649-58 Br J Dermatol
JournalThe British Journal of Dermatology
- The cell kinetics of the epidermis and follicular epithelium of the rat: variations with age and body site.
- Authors: Morris GM, Hamlet R, Hopewell JW
- Issue date: 1989 May
- Measurement of the transit time for cells through the epidermis and stratum corneum of the mouse and guinea-pig.
- Authors: Potten CS, Saffhill R, Maibach HI
- Issue date: 1987 Sep
- Kinetics of proliferation, migration, and death of L1210 ascites cells.
- Authors: Hofer KG, Hofer M
- Issue date: 1971 Apr
- Biological stability of 5-iodo-2'-deoxyuridine labelled with iodine-125 after its incorporation into the deoxyribonucleic acid of the mouse.
- Authors: Commerford SL
- Issue date: 1965 May 29
- The formation of epidermal cell columns.
- Authors: Christophers E, Wolff HH, Laurence EB
- Issue date: 1974 Jun