Identification and characterization of a novel transcriptional target of RUNX1/AML1 at the onset of hematopoietic development.
AffiliationCancer Research UK Stem Cell Biology Group, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, University of Manchester, Manchester, United Kingdom.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAlthough the critical requirement for the transcription factor RUNX1/AML1 at the onset of hematopoietic development is well established, little is known about its transcriptional targets at this pivotal stage of blood development. Using microarrays, we identified the uncharacterized gene AI467606 as a gene whose expression level is dramatically reduced in the absence of RUNX1. We further demonstrated by chromatin immunoprecipitation and promoter assay a direct regulation of its transcription by RUNX1. Using a bacterial artificial chromosome transgenic approach, we established that AI467606 is expressed during the development of the hematopoietic system in vivo and in vitro and that its expression is detected within the CD41(+) population and marks definitive hematopoietic potential. Similarly, in the adult mouse, all hematopoietic cell lineages, except mature erythrocytes, express AI467606. Taken together, these findings indicate that AI467606 is a novel transcriptional target of RUNX1/AML1 at the onset of hematopoietic development that is extensively expressed within the hematopoietic system.
CitationIdentification and characterization of a novel transcriptional target of RUNX1/AML1 at the onset of hematopoietic development. 2011, 118 (3):594-7 Blood
- AML1/Runx1 negatively regulates quiescent hematopoietic stem cells in adult hematopoiesis.
- Authors: Ichikawa M, Goyama S, Asai T, Kawazu M, Nakagawa M, Takeshita M, Chiba S, Ogawa S, Kurokawa M
- Issue date: 2008 Apr 1
- Ectopic Runx1 expression rescues Tal-1-deficiency in the generation of primitive and definitive hematopoiesis.
- Authors: Tornack J, Seiler K, Grützkau A, Grün JR, Onodera M, Melchers F, Tsuneto M
- Issue date: 2013
- DNA methylation of Runx1 regulatory regions correlates with transition from primitive to definitive hematopoietic potential in vitro and in vivo.
- Authors: Webber BR, Iacovino M, Choi SH, Tolar J, Kyba M, Blazar BR
- Issue date: 2013 Oct 24
- The differential activities of Runx1 promoters define milestones during embryonic hematopoiesis.
- Authors: Sroczynska P, Lancrin C, Kouskoff V, Lacaud G
- Issue date: 2009 Dec 17
- Development of multilineage adult hematopoiesis in the zebrafish with a runx1 truncation mutation.
- Authors: Sood R, English MA, Belele CL, Jin H, Bishop K, Haskins R, McKinney MC, Chahal J, Weinstein BM, Wen Z, Liu PP
- Issue date: 2010 Apr 8