Mallon, Elizabeth A
Forbes, John F
AffiliationAcademic Department of Biochemistry, Royal Marsden Hospital, Fulham Road, London SW36JJ, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractEstrogen receptor (ER) positive primary breast cancers have a wide range of clinical outcomes. Prediction of the likely course of the disease aids treatment decision-making. In the translational arm of the ATAC (anastrozole or tamoxifen alone or combined) trial (TransATAC) we have assessed individual and multiparameter biomarkers for their prediction of overall and distant recurrence. None of the biomarkers identified differential benefit for anastrozole versus tamoxifen. Each of ER, PgR, HER2 and Ki67 was associated with risk of recurrence. A combination of these to create a single predictor IHC4 was as informative as the 21-gene recurrence score (RS). Integration of each of these molecular profiles with classical clinicopathologic variables provided the most accurate prediction of outcome.
CitationPredictive algorithms for adjuvant therapy: TransATAC. 2011, 76 (8):777-80 Steroids
- Prediction of late distant recurrence in patients with oestrogen-receptor-positive breast cancer: a prospective comparison of the breast-cancer index (BCI) assay, 21-gene recurrence score, and IHC4 in the TransATAC study population.
- Authors: Sgroi DC, Sestak I, Cuzick J, Zhang Y, Schnabel CA, Schroeder B, Erlander MG, Dunbier A, Sidhu K, Lopez-Knowles E, Goss PE, Dowsett M
- Issue date: 2013 Oct
- Immunohistochemical BAG1 expression improves the estimation of residual risk by IHC4 in postmenopausal patients treated with anastrazole or tamoxifen: a TransATAC study.
- Authors: Afentakis M, Dowsett M, Sestak I, Salter J, Howell T, Buzdar A, Forbes J, Cuzick J
- Issue date: 2013 Jul
- Effects of cyclin D1 gene amplification and protein expression on time to recurrence in postmenopausal breast cancer patients treated with anastrozole or tamoxifen: a TransATAC study.
- Authors: Lundgren K, Brown M, Pineda S, Cuzick J, Salter J, Zabaglo L, Howell A, Dowsett M, Landberg G, TransATAC investigators.
- Issue date: 2012 Apr 4
- Relationship between quantitative estrogen and progesterone receptor expression and human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER-2) status with recurrence in the Arimidex, Tamoxifen, Alone or in Combination trial.
- Authors: Dowsett M, Allred C, Knox J, Quinn E, Salter J, Wale C, Cuzick J, Houghton J, Williams N, Mallon E, Bishop H, Ellis I, Larsimont D, Sasano H, Carder P, Cussac AL, Knox F, Speirs V, Forbes J, Buzdar A
- Issue date: 2008 Mar 1
- Ki67 Proliferation Index as a Tool for Chemotherapy Decisions During and After Neoadjuvant Aromatase Inhibitor Treatment of Breast Cancer: Results From the American College of Surgeons Oncology Group Z1031 Trial (Alliance).
- Authors: Ellis MJ, Suman VJ, Hoog J, Goncalves R, Sanati S, Creighton CJ, DeSchryver K, Crouch E, Brink A, Watson M, Luo J, Tao Y, Barnes M, Dowsett M, Budd GT, Winer E, Silverman P, Esserman L, Carey L, Ma CX, Unzeitig G, Pluard T, Whitworth P, Babiera G, Guenther JM, Dayao Z, Ota D, Leitch M, Olson JA Jr, Allred DC, Hunt K
- Issue date: 2017 Apr 1