Mallon, Elizabeth A
Forbes, John F
AffiliationAcademic Department of Biochemistry, Royal Marsden Hospital, Fulham Road, London SW36JJ, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractEstrogen receptor (ER) positive primary breast cancers have a wide range of clinical outcomes. Prediction of the likely course of the disease aids treatment decision-making. In the translational arm of the ATAC (anastrozole or tamoxifen alone or combined) trial (TransATAC) we have assessed individual and multiparameter biomarkers for their prediction of overall and distant recurrence. None of the biomarkers identified differential benefit for anastrozole versus tamoxifen. Each of ER, PgR, HER2 and Ki67 was associated with risk of recurrence. A combination of these to create a single predictor IHC4 was as informative as the 21-gene recurrence score (RS). Integration of each of these molecular profiles with classical clinicopathologic variables provided the most accurate prediction of outcome.
CitationPredictive algorithms for adjuvant therapy: TransATAC. 2011, 76 (8):777-80 Steroids
- Relationship between quantitative estrogen and progesterone receptor expression and human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 (HER-2) status with recurrence in the Arimidex, Tamoxifen, Alone or in Combination trial.
- Authors: Dowsett M, Allred C, Knox J, Quinn E, Salter J, Wale C, Cuzick J, Houghton J, Williams N, Mallon E, Bishop H, Ellis I, Larsimont D, Sasano H, Carder P, Cussac AL, Knox F, Speirs V, Forbes J, Buzdar A
- Issue date: 2008 Mar 1
- Benefit and projected cost-effectiveness of anastrozole versus tamoxifen as initial adjuvant therapy for patients with early-stage estrogen receptor-positive breast cancer.
- Authors: Hillner BE
- Issue date: 2004 Sep 15
- Effects of cyclin D1 gene amplification and protein expression on time to recurrence in postmenopausal breast cancer patients treated with anastrozole or tamoxifen: a TransATAC study.
- Authors: Lundgren K, Brown M, Pineda S, Cuzick J, Salter J, Zabaglo L, Howell A, Dowsett M, Landberg G, TransATAC investigators.
- Issue date: 2012 Apr 4
- Outcome prediction for estrogen receptor-positive breast cancer based on postneoadjuvant endocrine therapy tumor characteristics.
- Authors: Ellis MJ, Tao Y, Luo J, A'Hern R, Evans DB, Bhatnagar AS, Chaudri Ross HA, von Kameke A, Miller WR, Smith I, Eiermann W, Dowsett M
- Issue date: 2008 Oct 1
- Retrospective analysis of time to recurrence in the ATAC trial according to hormone receptor status: an hypothesis-generating study.
- Authors: Dowsett M, Cuzick J, Wale C, Howell T, Houghton J, Baum M
- Issue date: 2005 Oct 20