Stimulation of platelet production in vivo by a factor in cell culture conditioned medium.
AffiliationPaterson Laboratories, Christie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Manchester
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractInjection of medium conditioned by a murine myelomonocytic leukaemic cell-line (WEHI-CM) stimulates platelet production in irradiated, bone marrow reconstituted mice. Media conditioned by the growth of normal bone marrow cells (BM-CM) or by a lymphoid leukaemia cell line had no effect on platelet production. However, the effect of WEHI-CM on platelet production was further enhanced when injected along with BM-CM, indicating that more than one factor may play a role in the regulation of megakaryocytopoiesis.
CitationStimulation of platelet production in vivo by a factor in cell culture conditioned medium. 1978, 29 (5):162-3 Biomedicine
- Conditions that support long-term production of osteoclast progenitors in vitro.
- Authors: Lee MY, Fevold KL, Muguruma Y, Lottsfeldt JL
- Issue date: 1997
- Characterization of hemopoietic activities in media conditioned by a murine marrow-derived adherent cell line, B.Ad.
- Authors: Li CL, Culter RL, Johnson GR
- Issue date: 1987 May
- Further studies on growth factor production by the TC-1 stromal cell line: pre-B stimulating activity.
- Authors: Woodward TA, McNiece IK, Witte PL, Bender P, Crittenden R, Temeles DS, Robinson BE, Baber GB, Deacon DH, Isakson PC
- Issue date: 1990 Jun 1
- Constitutive production of leukemia differentiation, colony-stimulating, erythroid burst-promoting, and pluripoietic factors by a human hepatoma cell line: characterization of the leukemia differentiation factor.
- Authors: Gabrilove JL, Welte K, Lu L, Castro-Malaspina H, Moore MA
- Issue date: 1985 Aug
- Biochemical comparison of murine colony-stimulating factors secreted by a T cell lymphoma and a myelomonocytic leukemia.
- Authors: Prestidge RL, Watson JD, Urdal DL, Mochizuki D, Conlon P, Gillis S
- Issue date: 1984 Jul