AffiliationPaterson Laboratories, Christie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Manchester
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBlood lymphocytes from 47 patients with lung carcinoma have been tested for cytotoxicity against cells isolated from the autologous tumour. Significant cytotoxic potential was found in 15 cases. The effectors were also tested against allogeneic tumour targets from lung and other sites. Reactions were only rarely detected (2/32 positive against lung and 1/13 positive against non-lung cells). The restriction of cytotoxicity to the autologous combination was also apparent in in vitro-generated effectors. Blood lymphocytes were co-cultivated with autologous tumour and subsequently tested against autologous or allogeneic targets. Cytotoxicity was found in 13/17 lung tumours against autologous tumour, with no reactions recorded against allogeneic tumour targets, but one case positive against the K562 cell line. These data suggest either the expression of individually distinct antigens on human pulmonary neoplasms, or the requirement for histocompatibility between target and effector in cytotoxicity reactions in man, and therefore differ from previously described patterns of lymphocytotoxicity against human tumours.
CitationRestricted autologous lymphocytotoxicity in lung neoplasia. 1978, 38 (3):375-81 Br. J. Cancer
JournalBritish Journal of Cancer
PubMed Central IDPMC2009731
- Human tumour--lymphocyte interaction in vitro. V. Comparison of the reactivity of tumour-infiltrating, blood and lymph-node lymphocytes with autologous tumour cells.
- Authors: Vose BM, Vánky F, Klein E
- Issue date: 1977 Dec 15
- Cultured human T-cell lines kill autologous solid tumours.
- Authors: Vose BM, Moore M
- Issue date: 1981 Oct
- In vitro generation of cytotoxicity against autologous human tumour biopsy cells.
- Authors: Vose BM, Vánky F, Fopp M, Klein E
- Issue date: 1978 May 15
- Human tumor-lymphocyte interaction in vitro. VI. Specificity of primary and secondary autologous lymphocyte-mediated cytotoxicity.
- Authors: Vánky FT, Vose BM, Fopp M, Klein E
- Issue date: 1979 Jun
- [Cytotoxicity of lymphocytes sensitized by autologous tumor cells in vitro, against autologous lung cancer cell lines].
- Authors: Inaba H, Kobayashi S, Okada S, Fujimura S, Nakata T
- Issue date: 1990 Apr