Bone marrow culture studies in refractory cytopenia and 'smouldering leukaemia'.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractAs an adjunct to conventional haematological and cytogenetic data, 22 cases of refractory cytopenia, and five with chronic myelomonocytic leukaemia, (CMML) were studied by bone marrow culture. Cultures from II such patients without an excess of marrow myeloblasts usually showed low, or undetectable, numbers of cells capable of giving rise to colonies of granulocytes and/or macrophages (CFUc) but near-normal numbers of cluster-forming cells and cells capable of forming erythroid colonies (CFUE). Those with similar blood pictures, but in whom the marrow contained a slight excess of myeloblasts (II cases), showed a more profound defect in growth patterns: low or undetectable numbers of CFUC, clusters and CFUE, results similar to those found in acute myeloblastic leukaemia, into which three of this group evolved. The patients with CMML gave comparatively normal CFUC, cluster and CFUE growth patterns.
CitationBone marrow culture studies in refractory cytopenia and 'smouldering leukaemia'. 1977, 35 (2):251-61 Br J Haematol
JournalBritish Journal of Haematology
- [The determination of myeloid-committed stem cells in systemic disorders of myelopoiesis: implications for physiopathology, diagnosis and prognosis].
- Authors: Hinterberger W
- Issue date: 1981
- Growth of granulopoietic bone marrow cells of RF mice.
- Authors: Horland AA, McMorrow L, Wolman SR
- Issue date: 1980 Sep
- Comparative electron-microscopic study of the erythrocytic line in refractory anemia (preleukemia) and myelomonocytic leukemia.
- Authors: Maldonado JE, Maigne J, Lecoq D
- Issue date: 1976
- Influence of interferon preparations on the proliferative capacity of human and mouse bone marrow cells in vitro.
- Authors: van 't Hull E, Schellekens H, Löwenberg B, de Vries MJ
- Issue date: 1978 Apr
- Atypical leukemia--relation to chronic myelomonocytic leukemia.
- Authors: Nemoto K, Ohnishi Y
- Issue date: 1980 May