Characteristics of dimer formation, excision and DNA strand growth in Yoshida sensitive and resistant cells after ultraviolet irradiation.
AbstractThe sedimentation properties of the nascent DNA of Yoshida sarcoma cells, sensitive and resistant to methylene dimethane sulphonate and cross-resistant to U.V. light, have been studied after irradiation with U.V. light at 11 and 22J/m2. It has been shown that the DNA formed immediately after irradiation with 11J/m2 is some eight to nine times longer than the calculated inter--dimer distance in both cell-lines. Differences were, however, observed between the two cell-lines, in that the absence of excision of dimers in the sensitive cells was accompanied by the formation of a DNA component of low molecular weight, whereas excision in the resistant line was not so accompanied. There are some similarities between the Yoshida tumour line sensitive to methylene dimethane sulphonate and the U.V.-sensitive line of Xeroderma pigmentosum.
CitationCharacteristics of dimer formation, excision and DNA strand growth in Yoshida sensitive and resistant cells after ultraviolet irradiation. 1977, 32 (2):165-74 Int J Radiat Biol Relat Stud Phys Chem Med
JournalInternational Journal of Radiation Biology and Related Studies in Physics, Chemistry, and Medicine
- Repair replication after U.V.-irradiation in rodent cell-lines of different sensitivity.
- Authors: Fox M, Fox BW
- Issue date: 1973 Apr
- DNA strand breaks and repair synthesis in Yoshida sarcoma: cells with differential sensitivities to bi-functional alkylating agents and UV light.
- Authors: Carr FJ, Fox BW
- Issue date: 1981 Sep
- A sensitive, enzymatic assay for the detection of closely opposed cyclobutyl pyrimidine dimers induced in human diploid fibroblasts.
- Authors: Lam LH, Reynolds RJ
- Issue date: 1986 Sep
- Effects of microinjected photoreactivating enzyme on thymine dimer removal and DNA repair synthesis in normal human and xeroderma pigmentosum fibroblasts.
- Authors: Roza L, Vermeulen W, Bergen Henegouwen JB, Eker AP, Jaspers NG, Lohman PH, Hoeijmakers JH
- Issue date: 1990 Mar 15
- Pyrimidine dimer excision in human cells and skin cancer.
- Authors: Regan JD, Carrier WL, Smith DP, Waters R, Lee WH
- Issue date: 1978 Dec