In vitro generation of cytotoxicity against autologous human tumour biopsy cells.
AffiliationPaterson Laboratories, Christie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Manchester.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBlood lymphocytes from 22 cancer patients were examined for cytotoxicity against autologous tumour cells in a short-term 51Cr release assay. Only three showed reactivity. In an attempt to increase cytotoxic potential in these and induce reactivity in non-reactive cases, the lymphocytes were cultured alone or with autologous tumour cells for 6 days. Upon subsequent testing against frozen, stored targets, nine samples reacted, including two of those with primary reactivity. In seven cases augmented cytotoxicity was evident in mixed cultures compared with lymphocytes cultured alone. Two of 10 cases showed cytotoxicity against the K562 cell line after culture and, in two of 13 tests in which allogeneic tumour biopsy targets were used, weak reactivity was bound. Cytotoxicity for autologous tumour biopsy cells was uniformly accompanied by positive blastogenesis in MLTI assays. In four cases blastogenesis occurred without the induction of cytotoxicity.
CitationIn vitro generation of cytotoxicity against autologous human tumour biopsy cells. 1978, 21 (5):588-93 Int. J. Cancer
JournalInternational Journal of Cancer
- Human tumor-lymphocyte interaction in vitro. VII. Blastogenesis and generation of cytotoxicity against autologous tumor biopsy cells are inhibited by interferon.
- Authors: Vánky F, Argov S
- Issue date: 1980 Oct 15
- Lymphocyte cytotoxicity against autologous tumour biopsy cells in humans.
- Authors: Vose BM, Vanky F, Klein E
- Issue date: 1977 Oct 15
- Specific cytotoxicity against autologous tumour and proliferative responses of human lymphocytes grown in interleukin 2.
- Authors: Vose BM, Bonnard GD
- Issue date: 1982 Jan 15
- Restricted autologous lymphocytotoxicity in lung neoplasia.
- Authors: Vose BM, Vánky F, Fopp M, Klein E
- Issue date: 1978 Sep
- Induction of cytotoxic activity in human lymphocytes against autologous and allogeneic melanoma cells in vitro by culture with interleukin 2.
- Authors: Hersey P, Bindon C, Edwards A, Murray E, Phillips G, McCarthy WH
- Issue date: 1981 Dec