Lack of effect of a granulocyte proliferation inhibitor or their committed precursor cells.
AffiliationPaterson Laboratories, Christie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Manchester
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractUsing the agar culture technique, we have measured the effect of granulocyte extracts GCE (and of erythrocyte-RCE and lymph node extracts-LNE) on the growth and proliferation of the committed granulocytic precursor cells, CFU-C. In addition we have determined their effects on the proliferation of the developing colony cells and on the ultimate cell production in the colonies. The results show that GCE has no effect on the growth or proliferative activity on the CFU-C. It does, however, reduce both the autoradiographic labelling indices of the developing colony cells and the net colony cellularities, acting as a cell cycle modulator. These are effects specific to the GCE since at the dose levels used, neither RCE nor LNE affected these measurements.
CitationLack of effect of a granulocyte proliferation inhibitor or their committed precursor cells. 1977, 26 (3):163-9 Biomedicine
- Inhibitory effects of tumor necrosis factor on hematopoiesis seen in vitro are translated to increased numbers of both committed and multipotent progenitors in TNF-deficient mice.
- Authors: Drutskaya MS, Ortiz M, Liepinsh DJ, Kuprash DV, Nedospasov SA, Keller JR
- Issue date: 2005 Nov
- [Evaluation of the stimulating activity for the formation in vitro of granulocyte colony in the thin layer agar system].
- Authors: Ghio R, Dicke KA, Scarrà GL
- Issue date: 1975 Nov 30
- Proliferative effects of purified granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (G-CSF) on normal mouse hemopoietic cells.
- Authors: Metcalf D, Nicola NA
- Issue date: 1983 Aug
- Alterations in the growth and cycling status of granulocyte-monocyte colony-forming units (CFU-GM) in rats injected single doses of aflatoxin B1.
- Authors: Cukrová V, Kurita N, Akao M
- Issue date: 1992
- Effect of cytokine treatment (granulocyte colony-stimulating factor and stem cell factor) on hematopoiesis and the circulating pool of hematopoietic stem cells in mice.
- Authors: Drize N, Chertkov J, Samoilina N, Zander A
- Issue date: 1996 Jun