AffiliationPaterson Laboratories, Christie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Manchester
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPeripheral blood leukocytes from 65 lung cancer patients, 69 healthy donors, 33 patients with malignant disease outside the lung, and 24 patients with nonmalignant pulmonary conditions were examined for immune reactivity, as measured by the leukocyte migration inhibition assay, to antigens in homogenates of lung tumor tissue and material derived from tumor-free lung areas and a nonmalignant lung lesion. A low level of reactivity with apparent specificity was detected in the lung cancer patient group, with 17/52 showing migration inhibition with extracts of lung tumor tissue. Reactivity was also detectable in this group against homogenates of tumor-free lung and nonmalignant lung lesion. The data supported the conclusion that sensitization at least in some patients with lung cancer might be directed not only against tumor-specific antigens but also against antigens of less confined disease association.
CitationLeukocyte migration inhibition in human pulmonary neoplasia. 1977, 58 (3):483-8 J Natl Cancer Inst
JournalJournal of the National Cancer Institute
- Leukocyte migration studies in gastric cancer detection: an approach toward improved specificity and sensitivity.
- Authors: Zöller M, Matzku S, Schulz U
- Issue date: 1977 Apr
- Sensitization of leukocytes of cancer patients against fetal antigens: leukocyte migration studies.
- Authors: Zöller M, Matzku S, Schulz U, Price MR
- Issue date: 1979 Aug
- Checking of carcinoma patients with the leukocyte migration technique (LMT) under agarose.
- Authors: Emmrich F, Ambrosius H
- Issue date: 1978
- Inhibition of leukocyte migration by soluble tumor extracts in human malignant melanoma.
- Authors: Lapińska M, Jassem J, Kondrat W, Jaśkiewicz J
- Issue date: 1980
- Leukocyte migration inhibition assay in patients with prostate adenocarcinoma.
- Authors: Wright GL Jr, Schellhammer PF, Faulconer RJ, Reid JW, Brassil DN, Sieg SM
- Issue date: 1981