The presence of terminal deoxynucleotidyl transferase in the N-methyl-N-nitrosourea induced leukaemia in BDF1 mice and its effect on the accuracy of the DNA polymerases.
AbstractDNA polymerases have been prepared from leukaemic and normal spleens and their fidelity in copying a polyd AT).polyd(AT) template assessed. The leukaemic cytoplasmic DNA polymerases were less accurate than the controls whereas no difference in accuracy was observed in the nuclear DNA polymerases. The preparations of leukaemic cytoplasmic DNA polymerase also contained the enzyme terminal deoxynucleotidyl transferase. When this enzyme was removed by further purification the accuracy of the cytoplasmic DNA polymerases increased to that of the controls.
CitationThe presence of terminal deoxynucleotidyl transferase in the N-methyl-N-nitrosourea induced leukaemia in BDF1 mice and its effect on the accuracy of the DNA polymerases. 1976, 3 (1):277-84 Nucleic Acids Res
JournalNucleic Acids Research
- Terminal deoxynucleotidyl transferase in AKR leukemic cells and lack of relation of enzyme activity to cell cycle phase.
- Authors: Harrison TA, Barr RD, McCaffrey RP, Sarna G, Silverstone AE, Perry S, Baltimore D
- Issue date: 1976 Mar 8
- DNA polymerases of murine LBN/b leukemic cells.
- Authors: Siedlecki JA, Mikke R, Zmudzka B
- Issue date: 1976
- Characterization of an RNA-directed DNA polymerase from mouse spleen infected with leukaemia virus activated during N-methyl-N-nitroso urea-induced leukaemogenesis.
- Authors: Drescher B, Ehm I, Fey F
- Issue date: 1982 Jan
- Nuclear DNA polymerases and the HeLa cell cycle.
- Authors: Chiu RW, Baril EF
- Issue date: 1975 Oct 10
- DNA polymerase activities induced by polyoma virus infection of 3T3 mouse fibroblasts.
- Authors: Närkhammar M, Magnusson G
- Issue date: 1976 Apr