The presence of terminal deoxynucleotidyl transferase in the N-methyl-N-nitrosourea induced leukaemia in BDF1 mice and its effect on the accuracy of the DNA polymerases.
AbstractDNA polymerases have been prepared from leukaemic and normal spleens and their fidelity in copying a polyd AT).polyd(AT) template assessed. The leukaemic cytoplasmic DNA polymerases were less accurate than the controls whereas no difference in accuracy was observed in the nuclear DNA polymerases. The preparations of leukaemic cytoplasmic DNA polymerase also contained the enzyme terminal deoxynucleotidyl transferase. When this enzyme was removed by further purification the accuracy of the cytoplasmic DNA polymerases increased to that of the controls.
CitationThe presence of terminal deoxynucleotidyl transferase in the N-methyl-N-nitrosourea induced leukaemia in BDF1 mice and its effect on the accuracy of the DNA polymerases. 1976, 3 (1):277-84 Nucleic Acids Res
JournalNucleic Acids Research
- Terminal deoxynucleotidyl transferase in AKR leukemic cells and lack of relation of enzyme activity to cell cycle phase.
- Authors: Harrison TA, Barr RD, McCaffrey RP, Sarna G, Silverstone AE, Perry S, Baltimore D
- Issue date: 1976 Mar 8
- Purification and properties of nuclear and cytoplasmic DNA polymerases from JLS-V9 cells.
- Authors: Bandyopadhyay AK
- Issue date: 1975 Jan
- DNA polymerases of murine LBN/b leukemic cells.
- Authors: Siedlecki JA, Mikke R, Zmudzka B
- Issue date: 1976
- Deoxyribonucleic acid-dependent ribonucleic acid polymerases from murine spleen cells. Increased amounts of the nucleolar species in leukaemic tissue.
- Authors: Babcock DF, Rich MA
- Issue date: 1973 Aug
- Purification and further characterization of three DNA polymerases of rat Ascites hepatoma cells.
- Authors: Tsuruo T, Ukita T
- Issue date: 1974 Jun 27