Histopathological study of the first Medical Research Council Nephroblastoma Trial.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA histological analysis of the tumors from the first Medical Research Council (M.R.C.) Nephroblastoma Trial was carried out. Material from 104 out of the 111 concluded cases was suitable for assessment. The degree of tubular differentiation and the presence or absence of glomeruli, cysts and papillary structures were correlated with clinical stage and survival. A significant association was found with regard to tubular differentiation. Papillary structures appeared to be important, but the number of cases was small. The presence of either glomeruli or cysts was not a statistically significant feature as regards prognosis.
CitationHistopathological study of the first Medical Research Council Nephroblastoma Trial. 1977, 40 (4):1519-25 Cancer
- Nephroblastoma with fibroadenomatous-like structures.
- Authors: Delemarre JF, Sandstedt B, Tournade MF
- Issue date: 1984 Jan
- [Nephroblastoma: clinico-morphological characteristics and problems of classification].
- Authors: Sokolova IN
- Issue date: 1983
- Results of the SIOP 93-01/GPOH trial and study for the treatment of patients with unilateral nonmetastatic Wilms Tumor.
- Authors: Reinhard H, Semler O, Bürger D, Bode U, Flentje M, Göbel U, Gutjahr P, Leuschner I, Maass E, Niggli F, Scheel-Walter HG, Stöckle M, Thüroff JW, Tröger J, Weirich A, von Schweinitz D, Zoubek A, Graf N
- Issue date: 2004 May-Jun
- A scoring system for Wilms' tumour: pathological study of the second Medical Research Council (MRC) trial.
- Authors: Marsden HB, Lawler W, Carr T, Kumar S
- Issue date: 1984 Mar 15
- 111 renal neoplasms of childhood: a clinicopathologic study.
- Authors: Jenkner A, Camassei FD, Boldrini R, de Sio L, Ravà L, Bosman C, Boglino C, Donfrancesco A
- Issue date: 2001 Oct