Proinsulin and the proinsulin/insulin ratio in overweight and obese children and adolescents: relation to clinical parameters, insulin resistance, and impaired glucose regulation.
AffiliationDepartment of Pediatric Endocrinology and Diabetology, Charité Universitätsmedizin Berlin, Germany.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIn adults with impaired glucose regulation (IGR) or type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM), proinsulin (PI) and its ratio to insulin (ins; PI/I ratio) are frequently elevated.
CitationProinsulin and the proinsulin/insulin ratio in overweight and obese children and adolescents: relation to clinical parameters, insulin resistance, and impaired glucose regulation. 2011, 12 (3 Pt 2):242-9 Pediatr Diabetes
- Proinsulin in girls: relationship to obesity, hyperinsulinemia, and puberty.
- Authors: Chin D, Oberfield SE, Silfen ME, McMahon DJ, Manibo AM, Accili D, Levine LS
- Issue date: 2002 Oct
- Insulin resistance and impaired glucose tolerance in obese children and adolescents referred to a tertiary-care center in Israel.
- Authors: Shalitin S, Abrahami M, Lilos P, Phillip M
- Issue date: 2005 Jun
- Glucose tolerance status in 510 children and adolescents attending an obesity clinic in Central Italy.
- Authors: Brufani C, Ciampalini P, Grossi A, Fiori R, Fintini D, Tozzi A, Cappa M, Barbetti F
- Issue date: 2010 Feb
- [The clinical significance of true insulin and proinsulin levels in subjects with different glucose tolerance].
- Authors: Yang J, Li M, Wu C
- Issue date: 2000 Dec
- [The relationship between serum leptin, proinsulin, true insulin levels and insulin resistance in non-diabetic subjects: a population-based study].
- Authors: Li M, Zhan Z, Wu C, Yang J, Zhang K, Li X, Gan L
- Issue date: 2002 Nov