Isolation and characterization of endothelial cells from rat and cow brain white matter.
AffiliationChristie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Manchester
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA procedure is described for obtaining pure cultures of endothelial cells from rat and cow brain white matter. The morphology of the tissue-cultured cells was studied by both light and transmission electron microscopy. Weibel-Palade bodies, described in the literature as specific for endothelial cells, appeared in small numbers in our cultured cells. Autoradiographic, scintillation counting, immunological and histochemical studies were performed. The usefulness of pure endothelial cell cultures is discussed.
CitationIsolation and characterization of endothelial cells from rat and cow brain white matter. 1979, 129 (Pt 2):261-72 J Anat
JournalJournal of Anatomy
- [Development and functional morphology of the Weibel-Palade-bodies in endothelial cells (author's transl)].
- Authors: Heine H, Schaeg G, Henrich H
- Issue date: 1981
- Isolation, identification, and continuous culture of coronary endothelial cells from guinea pig hearts.
- Authors: Nees S, Gerbes AL, Gerlach E, Staubesand J
- Issue date: 1981 Jun
- Characterization and culture of sinusoidal endothelium from normal rat liver: lipoprotein uptake and collagen phenotype.
- Authors: Irving MG, Roll FJ, Huang S, Bissell DM
- Issue date: 1984 Dec
- Isolation of rat aortic endothelial cells by primary explant techniques and their phenotypic modulation by defined substrata.
- Authors: McGuire PG, Orkin RW
- Issue date: 1987 Jul
- Endothelial cells from diverse tissues exhibit differences in growth and morphology.
- Authors: Craig LE, Spelman JP, Strandberg JD, Zink MC
- Issue date: 1998 Jan