Whole body electron therapy in mycosis fungoides--a successful translational technique achieved by modification of an established linear accelerator.
AffiliationChristie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Manchester
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA translational technique, adapting an established MEL SL75/10 linear accelerator, which gives a satisfactory physical and clinical 3 MeV whole-body electron treatment in mycosis fungoides is described. Tolerance of the patients proved excellent and 16 out of 21 achieved satisfactory remission of the disease. In spite of delivering significant skin doses it was possible to re-treat two relapsing patients without complications and with clinical success.
CitationWhole body electron therapy in mycosis fungoides--a successful translational technique achieved by modification of an established linear accelerator. 1979, 52 (616):302-7 Br J Radiol
JournalThe British Journal of Radiology
- [Breakdown of the energy of a fixed 7 MeV electron bundle in the treatment of mycosis fungoides (author's transl)].
- Authors: Marinello G, Buscaill A, Baillet F
- Issue date: 1977 Nov
- Total skin electron beam therapy for cutaneous T-cell lymphoma: Turkish experience with translational technique.
- Authors: Ulutin HC, Beyan C, Pak Y
- Issue date: 2002
- Total skin electron irradiation therapy in mycosis fungoides using high-dose rate mode: a preliminary experience.
- Authors: Parida DK, Verma KK, Chander S, Joshi RC, Rath GK
- Issue date: 2005 Oct
- Total skin electron irradiation in mycosis fungoides.
- Authors: van Vloten WA, Vermeij J, de Vroome H
- Issue date: 1977
- The treatment of mycosis fungoides and related conditions with particular emphasis on electron therapy.
- Authors: Szur L
- Issue date: 1975 Mar