Neutron sensitivity of a carbon-walled CO2-filled ionisation chamber.
AffiliationChristie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Manchester
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractIn an earlier publication, an expression was derived for the sensitivity of carbon walled, carbon dioxide-filled ionisation chamber, for low-energy neutrons. This expression has been extended to allow its use for high-energy neutrons, and has been used to make detailed calculations for a particular ionisation chamber irradiated with either 15 MeV or 5.5 MeV neutrons. These results of these calculations are compared with experimental values and, within the stated limits, reasonable agreement is obtained.
CitationNeutron sensitivity of a carbon-walled CO2-filled ionisation chamber. 1979, 24 (1):57-62 Phys Med Biol
JournalPhysics in Medicine and Biology
- Energy dependence of the neutron sensitivity of C--CO2, Mg--Ar and TE--TE ionisation chambers.
- Authors: Waterman FM, Kuchnir FT, Skaggs LS, Kouzes RT, Moore WH
- Issue date: 1979 Jul
- Ionisation measurements and the derivation of Wn in acetylene and carbon dioxide irradiated with neutrons.
- Authors: Delafield HJ, Harrison KG
- Issue date: 1979 Mar
- Determination of the relative neutron sensitivity of a C-CO2 ionization chamber.
- Authors: Endo S, Hoshi M, Suga S, Takada J, Komatsu K
- Issue date: 1996 Jun
- Determination of the thermal and epithermal neutron sensitivities of an LBO chamber.
- Authors: Endo S, Sato H, Shimazaki T, Nakajima E, Kotani K, Suda M, Hamano T, Kajimoto T, Tanaka K, Hoshi M
- Issue date: 2017 Aug
- A liquid ionisation chamber for neutron dosimetry.
- Authors: Chu JC, Grant WH 3rd, Almond PR
- Issue date: 1980 Nov