AuthorsHufton, Alan P
AffiliationChristie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Manchester
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe mean dose to the fetus and fetal head, together with the doses to the fetal gonads and maternal gonads, have been estimated to be 107, 56, 131 and 136 mrad respectively for an obstetric prone oblique examination of the abdomen, using a rare-earth screen-film combination. The doses were derived by measuring skin doses on a series of women in late pregnancy undergoing the above examination and by using measured depth-dose information. The position of the fetus relative to the maternal skin surface was determined by ultrasonic scanning.
CitationRadiation dose to the fetus in obstetric radiography. 1979, 52 (621):735-40 Br J Radiol
JournalThe British Journal of Radiology
- Radiation doses to the foetal and maternal gonads in obstetric radiography during late pregnancy.
- Authors: CLAYTON CG, FARMER FT, WARRICK CK
- Issue date: 1957 Jun
- Letter: Fetal dose in obstetric radiography.
- Authors: Ardran GM, Crooks HE
- Issue date: 1976 Mar
- Radiation doses in low-dose pelvimetry using rare-earth screens.
- Authors: Axelsson B, Ohlsén H
- Issue date: 1979
- Normalized data for the estimation of fetal radiation dose from radiotherapy of the breast.
- Authors: Bradley B, Fleck A, Osei EK
- Issue date: 2006 Oct
- Estimated fetal radiation dose from multislice CT studies.
- Authors: Felmlee JP, Gray JE, Leetzow ML, Price JC
- Issue date: 1990 Jan