Exon-array profiling unlocks clinically and biologically relevant gene signatures from formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tumour samples.
AuthorsHall, J S
Leong, Hui Sun
Armenoult, L S C
Newton, G E
Valentine, Helen R
Irlam, Joely J
Möller-Levet, Carla S
Sikand, Kanwal A
Pepper, Stuart D
Miller, Crispin J
West, Catharine M L
AffiliationTranslational Radiobiology Group, School of Cancer and Enabling Sciences, Manchester Academic Health Science Centre, The University of Manchester, Wilmslow Road, Manchester M20 4BX, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractDegradation and chemical modification of RNA in formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded (FFPE) samples hamper their use in expression profiling studies. This study aimed to show that useful information can be obtained by Exon-array profiling archival FFPE tumour samples.
CitationExon-array profiling unlocks clinically and biologically relevant gene signatures from formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tumour samples. 2011, 104 (6):971-81 Br J Cancer
JournalBritish Journal of Cancer
- Enhanced stability of microRNA expression facilitates classification of FFPE tumour samples exhibiting near total mRNA degradation.
- Authors: Hall JS, Taylor J, Valentine HR, Irlam JJ, Eustace A, Hoskin PJ, Miller CJ, West CM
- Issue date: 2012 Aug 7
- Methods comparison for high-resolution transcriptional analysis of archival material on Affymetrix Plus 2.0 and Exon 1.0 microarrays.
- Authors: Linton K, Hey Y, Dibben S, Miller C, Freemont A, Radford J, Pepper S
- Issue date: 2009 Jul
- Mining the Archives: A Cross-Platform Analysis of Gene Expression Profiles in Archival Formalin-Fixed Paraffin-Embedded Tissues.
- Authors: Webster AF, Zumbo P, Fostel J, Gandara J, Hester SD, Recio L, Williams A, Wood CE, Yauk CL, Mason CE
- Issue date: 2015 Dec
- Preparation of archival formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded mouse liver samples for use with the Agilent gene expression microarray platform.
- Authors: Jackson AF, Williams A, Moffat I, Phillips SL, Recio L, Waters MD, Lambert IB, Yauk CL
- Issue date: 2013 Sep-Oct
- Robust gene expression signature from formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded samples predicts prognosis of non-small-cell lung cancer patients.
- Authors: Xie Y, Xiao G, Coombes KR, Behrens C, Solis LM, Raso G, Girard L, Erickson HS, Roth J, Heymach JV, Moran C, Danenberg K, Minna JD, Wistuba II
- Issue date: 2011 Sep 1