Radiotherapy-induced supratentorial primitive neuroectodermal tumour in a 17-year-old female: a case report and review of the literature.
AffiliationDepartment of Neurosurgery, Greater Manchester Neurosciences Centre, Salford Royal Hospital, UK. email@example.com
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe report a case of a 17-year-old female who presented with a CNS primitive neuroectodermal tumour 12 years after cranial radiotherapy for relapsed childhood acute lymphoblastic leukaemia. In this article, we discuss the association of these rare tumours with previous craniospinal irradiation and review the pertinent literature.
CitationRadiotherapy-induced supratentorial primitive neuroectodermal tumour in a 17-year-old female: a case report and review of the literature. 2011, 153 (2):413-7 Acta Neurochir (Wien)
- [Primitive neuroectodermal tumor arising 8 years after chemotherapy and radiotherapy for acute lymphoblastic leukemia: case report].
- Authors: Yoshida Y, Toma Y, Arai M, Higashi R, Kashihara K, Kaizaki Y
- Issue date: 2005 Jul
- Primitive neuroectodermal tumour arising within low grade astrocytoma: transformation, de novo or radiation induced? Report of three cases and review of literature.
- Authors: Pal D, Hall G, Loughrey C, Shivane A, Chakrabarty A, Chumas P
- Issue date: 2008 Jun
- Primitive supratentorial neuroectodermal tumor in an adult.
- Authors: Kouyialis AT, Boviatsis EI, Karampelas IK, Korfias S, Korkolopoulou P, Sakas DE
- Issue date: 2005 May
- Primitive neuroectodermal tumors in the central nervous system following cranial irradiation: a report of four cases.
- Authors: Hader WJ, Drovini-Zis K, Maguire JA
- Issue date: 2003 Feb 15
- Secondary supratentorial primitive neuroectodermal tumor following irradiation in a patient with low-grade astrocytoma.
- Authors: Chen AY, Lee H, Hartman J, Greco C, Ryu JK, O'Donnell R, Boggan J
- Issue date: 2005 Jan