AuthorsNaha, P M
AffiliationPaterson Laboratories, Christie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Manchester
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractComplementation between temperature-sensitive (ts) variants of Balb/c-3T3 defective in the G1 phase of its cell cycle was measured in the [3H]thymidine-labeling indices of the multinucleated cells during incubation at the restricted temperature (38 degrees C) following cell fusion. One ts variant from each group along the length of the G1 phase was tested for complementation. Varying degrees of complementation were observed between the 4 ts variants tested, judging by the time of entry into S-phase and the degree of synchrony attained. At least 3 complementation groups were discernible.
CitationComplementation of G1-phase variants of a mammalian cell cycle. 1979, 35:53-8 J Cell Sci
JournalJournal of Cell Science
- Abortive transformation of temperature-sensitive mutants of rat 3Y1 cells by simian virus 40: effect of cellular arrest states on entry into S phase and cellular proliferation.
- Authors: Mitsudomi T, Kimura G
- Issue date: 1985 Jun
- Induction of G1- cells at high frequency.
- Authors: Naha PM
- Issue date: 1979 Dec
- Time-temperature analyses of cell killing of synchronous G1 and S phase Chinese hamster cells in vitro.
- Authors: Mackey MA, Dewey WC
- Issue date: 1988 Feb
- Murine temperature-sensitive DNA polymerase alpha mutant displays a diminished capacity to stimulate DNA synthesis in senescent human fibroblast nuclei in heterokaryons at the nonpermissive condition.
- Authors: Pendergrass WR, Saulewicz AC, Hanaoka F, Norwood TH
- Issue date: 1994 Feb
- Fluorescence-activated cell sorting analysis of the induction and expression of acute thermal tolerance within the cell cycle.
- Authors: Rice GC, Gray JW, Dean PN, Dewey WC
- Issue date: 1984 Jun