The small-nucleolar RNAs commonly used for microRNA normalisation correlate with tumour pathology and prognosis.
AuthorsGee, H E
Buffa, F M
Betts, Guy N J
West, Catharine M L
Harris, A L
AffiliationMolecular Oncology Laboratories, Department of Oncology, University of Oxford, Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine, John Radcliffe Hospital, Oxford OX3 9DS, UK.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractTo investigate small-nucleolar RNAs (snoRNAs) as reference genes when measuring miRNA expression in tumour samples, given emerging evidence for their role in cancer.
CitationThe small-nucleolar RNAs commonly used for microRNA normalisation correlate with tumour pathology and prognosis. 2011, 104 (7):1168-77 Br J Cancer
JournalBritish Journal of Cancer
- Growth arrest-specific transcript 5 associated snoRNA levels are related to p53 expression and DNA damage in colorectal cancer.
- Authors: Krell J, Frampton AE, Mirnezami R, Harding V, De Giorgio A, Roca Alonso L, Cohen P, Ottaviani S, Colombo T, Jacob J, Pellegrino L, Buchanan G, Stebbing J, Castellano L
- Issue date: 2014
- Transcriptome sequencing uncovers novel long noncoding and small nucleolar RNAs dysregulated in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma.
- Authors: Zou AE, Ku J, Honda TK, Yu V, Kuo SZ, Zheng H, Xuan Y, Saad MA, Hinton A, Brumund KT, Lin JH, Wang-Rodriguez J, Ongkeko WM
- Issue date: 2015 Jun
- Increased expression of miR-93 is associated with poor prognosis in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma.
- Authors: Li G, Ren S, Su Z, Liu C, Deng T, Huang D, Tian Y, Qiu Y, Liu Y
- Issue date: 2015 May
- hsa-mir-210 is a marker of tumor hypoxia and a prognostic factor in head and neck cancer.
- Authors: Gee HE, Camps C, Buffa FM, Patiar S, Winter SC, Betts G, Homer J, Corbridge R, Cox G, West CM, Ragoussis J, Harris AL
- Issue date: 2010 May 1
- Tumour-suppressive microRNA-874 contributes to cell proliferation through targeting of histone deacetylase 1 in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma.
- Authors: Nohata N, Hanazawa T, Kinoshita T, Inamine A, Kikkawa N, Itesako T, Yoshino H, Enokida H, Nakagawa M, Okamoto Y, Seki N
- Issue date: 2013 Apr 30