Early central nervous system involvement in adults with acute non-myelogenous leukaemia.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractOf 47 consecutive patients aged 15-60 years with acute non-myelogenous leukaemia (ANML) (40 acute lymphoblastic leukaemia (ALL); 5 acute Burkitt-like leukaemia (ABLL), 2 acute undifferentiated leukaemia (AUL) treated with a standard chemotherapy protocol (OPAL), 31 achieved complete remission (28/40(70%) of patients with ALL). CNS leukaemia occurred in 4/16 non-remitters, and in 6 patients who achieved complete remission (CR). CNS leukaemia occurred in all 5 patients with acute Burkitt-like leukaemia. 4/28 patients with ALL achieving CR had evidence of CSF involvement on cytocentrifuge examination shortly after CR. The apparent risk of early CNS disease suggests that prophylactic CNS therapy should be given early in the treatment of acute non-myelogenous leukaemia.
CitationEarly central nervous system involvement in adults with acute non-myelogenous leukaemia. 1977, 35 (4):479-83 Br J Cancer
JournalBritish Journal of Cancer
- Combination chemotherapy for acute lymphoblastic leukaemia in adults.
- Authors: Lister TA, Whitehouse JM, Beard ME, Brearley RL, Wrigley PF, Oliver RT, Freeman JE, Woodruff RK, Malpas JS, Paxton AM, Crowther D
- Issue date: 1978 Jan 28
- Comparison of CNS-leukaemia in children with acute leukaemia, induced either with rubidomycin or L-asparaginase.
- Authors: de Vaan GA, Marcar JR, Schretlen ED
- Issue date: 1971
- [Acute leukemia. Case material and therapeutic results].
- Authors: Paolino W, Resegotti L, Rossi M, Infelise V, Degani GF
- Issue date: 1975 May 9
- Natural history of central nervous system acute leukemia in adults.
- Authors: Stewart DJ, Keating MJ, McCredie KB, Smith TL, Youness E, Murphy SG, Bodey GP, Freireich EJ
- Issue date: 1981 Jan 1
- Refractory acute leukaemia in adults treated with sequential colaspase and high-dose methotrexate.
- Authors: Yap BS, McCredie KB, Benjamin RS, Bodey GP, Freireich EJ
- Issue date: 1978 Sep 16