The radial distribution of fibroblastic colony-forming units in mouse femoral marrow.
AbstractThe distribution of fibroblastic colony forming units (CFU-F) in mouse femoral marrow was investigated using a method which separates bone marrow cells into two regional fractions of varying size. It is shown that the concentration of CFU-F decreases almost linearly from the femoral axis (800-1,000 CFU-F per 10(7) bone marrow cells) to the bone surface (300 CFU-F per 10(7) cells). When irradiated axial or marginal cells were added into cultures as feeder cells, the colony numbers produced by both axial or marginal CFU-F were increased by about 50% and the higher concentration in the axial regions remained. The survival curve for CFU-F in both regions was characterised by a Do value of 1.54 +/- 0.11 Gy and an extrapolation number of 2.60 +/- 0.38. The results are compared to the distributions of haemopoietic stem cells and committed progenitor cells.
CitationThe radial distribution of fibroblastic colony-forming units in mouse femoral marrow. 1981, 35 (4):119-22 Biomedicine
- The regional distribution of fibroblastoid progenitors in murine femoral marrow revisited.
- Authors: Brockbank KG, Piersma AH, Van Peer CM
- Issue date: 1982
- Characterization of fibroblast colony-forming units in bone marrow from healthy cats.
- Authors: Wellman ML, Kociba GJ
- Issue date: 1988 Feb
- Incidence and characteristics of colony-forming units fibroblasts (CFU-F) in the bone marrow of weanling mice treated with cytosine arabinoside and phenylhydrazine: correlation with CFU-S, progenitors of diffusion-chamber colonies (CFU-D), and CFU-C.
- Authors: Ben-Ishay Z, Borenstein A, Sharon S, Prindull G
- Issue date: 1983 Oct
- Human bone marrow fibroblast colony-forming units (CFU-F).
- Authors: Castro-Malaspina H, Ebell W, Wang S
- Issue date: 1984
- Sensitivity and recovery of stromal progenitor cells (CFU-F) in mouse bone marrow given gamma-irradiation at 0.65 Gy per day.
- Authors: Wang SB, Hendry JH, Testa NG
- Issue date: 1987