A comparative study for the enumeration of peripheral blood white cell counts below 2.0 x 10(9)/1 using counting chambers and the Coulter Counter model "S".
AffiliationChristie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Withington, Manchester M20 9BX, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractLow white cell counts are performed in many laboratories by a visual method as the method of choice. In this study, the visual count has been compared to that obtained by the Coulter Model "S". The results obtained by the two methods show very close correlation, thus allowing the Coulter Model "S" to be used with confidence for all low white cell counts provided certain precautions are taken.
CitationA comparative study for the enumeration of peripheral blood white cell counts below 2.0 x 10(9)/1 using counting chambers and the Coulter Counter model "S". 1977, 30 (11):1005-6 J Clin Pathol
JournalJournal of Clinical Pathology
- A comparative study of the Coulter Counter Model S, for the enumeration of peripheral leukocyte counts below 3.0 x 10(9)/l using whole blood and prediluted blood.
- Authors: Seigneurin D, Jestin M
- Issue date: 1979 Jun
- Lymphocyte percentage and counts provided by Coulter Counter S+II: comparison with optical method and three automatical leukocyte analyzers (Hemalog D, H 6000, Diff 3).
- Authors: Forestier F, Amirault P, Carré C, Sassier P, Potron G, Guinebretière J, Therme JP
- Issue date: 1984
- A comparison of total white blood cell counts on the Technicon H6000 and Coulter Counter Model ZBI in an occupational health program.
- Authors: Garland FC, Seal GM, White MR
- Issue date: 1984 Mar
- Abridged differential leucocyte counts provided by a Coulter Channelyzer in a routine haematology laboratory.
- Authors: Wycherley PA, O'shea MJ
- Issue date: 1978 Mar
- An evaluation of the utility of performing body fluid counts on the coulter LH 750.
- Authors: Barnes PW, Eby CS, Shimer G
- Issue date: 2004