Serum vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) is elevated in GH deficient adults.
AuthorsMurray, Robert D
Randeva, Harpal S
Lewandowski, Krzysztof C
Lawrance, Jeremy A L
Adams, Judith E
Shalet, Stephen M
AffiliationDepartment of Endocrinology, Christie Hospital, Manchester, UK. Robert.Murray@leedsth.nhs.uk
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractGHD adults exhibit a number of adverse surrogate markers of vascular risk culminating in excess vascular morbidity and mortality. Vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) have been implicated in the pathogenesis of a number of vascular morbidities. Furthermore, serum levels decrease following GH replacement in GHD adults, though it remains unclear if levels are significantly elevated in untreated individuals.
CitationSerum vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) is elevated in GH deficient adults. 2011, 21 (2):96-101 Growth Horm IGF Res
JournalGrowth Hormone & IGF Research
- Growth hormone replacement decreases plasma levels of matrix metalloproteinases (2 and 9) and vascular endothelial growth factor in growth hormone-deficient individuals.
- Authors: Randeva HS, Lewandowski KC, Komorowski J, Murray RD, O'Callaghan CJ, Hillhouse EW, Stepien H, Shalet SM
- Issue date: 2004 May 25
- Prognostic value of serum vascular endothelial growth factor (VEGF) and plasma activity of matrix metalloproteinase (MMP) 2 and 9 in lymphoma-affected dogs.
- Authors: Gentilini F, Calzolari C, Turba ME, Agnoli C, Fava D, Forni M, Bergamini PF
- Issue date: 2005 Nov
- [Serum levels of matrix metaloproteinase 2 (MMP-2), matrix metaloproteinase 9 (MMP-9) and tissue inhibitor of metaloproteinase 2 (TIMP-2) in children and adolescents with growth hormone deficiency].
- Authors: Szczepańska-Kostro J, Kowalewski M, Urban M, Gardziejczyk M
- Issue date: 2006
- Serum levels of insulin-like growth factor binding proteins (IGFBP)-4 and -5 correlate with bone mineral density in growth hormone (GH)-deficient adults and increase with GH replacement therapy.
- Authors: Thorén M, Hilding A, Brismar T, Magnusson P, Degerblad M, Larsson L, Sääf M, Baylink DJ, Mohan S
- Issue date: 1998 May
- [Systemic sclerosis and scleroderma circumscripta--disturbances of selected serum parameters which are responsible for vascular changes and CD34 expression in involved skin].
- Authors: Dziankowska-Bartkowiak B, Zebrowska A, Wagrowska-Danielewicz M, Kobos J, Waszczykowska E
- Issue date: 2009