Evaluation and prognostic significance of circulating tumor cells in patients with non-small-cell lung cancer.
AuthorsKrebs, Matthew G
Lancashire, Lee J
Ward, Timothy H
Ranson, Malcolm R
Blackhall, Fiona H
AffiliationClinical and Experimental Pharmacology Group, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, Manchester, United Kingdom.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractLung cancer is the leading cause of cancer-related death worldwide. Non-small-cell lung cancer (NSCLC) lacks validated biomarkers to predict treatment response. This study investigated whether circulating tumor cells (CTCs) are detectable in patients with NSCLC and what their ability might be to provide prognostic information and/or early indication of patient response to conventional therapy.
CitationEvaluation and prognostic significance of circulating tumor cells in patients with non-small-cell lung cancer. 2011, 29 (12):1556-63 J Clin Oncol
JournalJournal of Clinical Oncology
- Clinical significance and molecular characteristics of circulating tumor cells and circulating tumor microemboli in patients with small-cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Hou JM, Krebs MG, Lancashire L, Sloane R, Backen A, Swain RK, Priest LJ, Greystoke A, Zhou C, Morris K, Ward T, Blackhall FH, Dive C
- Issue date: 2012 Feb 10
- Preoperative circulating tumor cell detection using the isolation by size of epithelial tumor cell method for patients with lung cancer is a new prognostic biomarker.
- Authors: Hofman V, Bonnetaud C, Ilie MI, Vielh P, Vignaud JM, Fléjou JF, Lantuejoul S, Piaton E, Mourad N, Butori C, Selva E, Poudenx M, Sibon S, Kelhef S, Vénissac N, Jais JP, Mouroux J, Molina TJ, Hofman P
- Issue date: 2011 Feb 15
- Circulating tumor cells: not all detected cells are bad and not all bad cells are detected.
- Authors: Wicha MS, Hayes DF
- Issue date: 2011 Apr 20
- Carcinoembryonic antigen level in serum and pleural lavage fluid in non-small cell lung cancer.
- Authors: Tomita M, Shimizu T, Ayabe T, Yonei A, Onitsuka T
- Issue date: 2010 Sep
- Prognostic factors for survival of stage I nonsmall cell lung cancer patients : a population-based analysis of 19,702 stage I patients in the California Cancer Registry from 1989 to 2003.
- Authors: Ou SH, Zell JA, Ziogas A, Anton-Culver H
- Issue date: 2007 Oct 1