Repair of O6-methylguanine in rat liver DNA is enhanced by pretreatment with single or multiple doses of aflatoxin B1.
AffiliationPaterson Laboratories, Christie Hospital and Holt Radium Instute, Manchester M20 9BX
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractPretreatment of rats by the repeated administration of certain alkylating carcinogens has been shown to stimulate the removal of O6-alkylguanine from hepatic DNA. Prolonged feeding with the aromatic amide 2-acetylaminofluorene has a similar effect. In this report, aflatoxin B1, an agent from another chemically distinct class of carcinogen, is shown to be capable of stimulating the repair of O6-methylguanine in hepatic DNA. The sensitivity of this system is shown by the fact that this repair response can be fully stimulated as early as 1 day after treatment with a single dose.
CitationRepair of O6-methylguanine in rat liver DNA is enhanced by pretreatment with single or multiple doses of aflatoxin B1. 1981, 43 (6):850-5 Br J Cancer
JournalBritish Journal of Cancer
- Effects of carcinogens and partial hepatectomy upon the hepatic O6-methylguanine repair system in mice.
- Authors: Maru GB, Margison GP, Chu YH, O'Connor PJ
- Issue date: 1982
- Enhanced repair of O6-alkylguanine in mammalian tissues.
- Authors: Margison GP, Cooper DP, Smith RA, Montesano R, Bresil H, Planche-Martel G, O'Connor PJ
- Issue date: 1984
- Effect of chronic administration of dimethylnitrosamine on the excision of O6-methylguanine from rat liver DNA.
- Authors: Margison GP, Bresil H, Margison JM, Montensano R
- Issue date: 1976 Nov
- Enhanced repair of O6-methylguanine in liver DNA of rats pretreated with phenobarbital, 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin, ethionine, or N-alkyl-N-nitrosoureas.
- Authors: Den Engelse L, Floot BG, Menkveld GJ, Tates AD
- Issue date: 1986 Dec
- Stability and capacity of dimethylnitrosamine-induced O6-methylguanine repair system in rat liver.
- Authors: Montesano R, Brésil H, Planche-Martel G, Margison GP, Pegg AE
- Issue date: 1983 Dec