AffiliationPaterson Laboratories, Christie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Manchester
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe spontaneous cytotoxicity of human peripheral blood lymphocyte preparations from normal donors for K562 target cells was examined. Effector cells were separated into SRBC rosette forming cell (RFC) and non-rosette forming cell (non-RFC) fractions using optimal and suboptimal rosetting procedures. RFC and non-RFC fractions both had high cytotoxic activity irrespective of the rosetting procedure. Owing to the larger size of the RFC fraction, it contained a higher proportion of the total activity in the preparation. Nylon fibre column adherent and non-adherent fractions also both produced cytotoxicity. Nylon fibre non-adherent cells separated by SRBC separation gave a RFC fraction with low activity and a non-RFC fraction with high activity. Separation of nylon fibre adherent cells gave RFC and non-RFC fractions with high cytotoxic activity. Therefore cytotoxic cells did not form a discrete subpopulation and either occur in several lymphocyte subsets or show a variable capacity to form SRBC rosettes and adhere to nylon fibre.
CitationNatural cytotoxic reactivity of human lymphocyte subpopulations. 1979, 37 (1):187-94 Immunology
- Natural cytotoxic reactivity of human lymphocytes against a myeloid cell line: characterization of effector cells.
- Authors: West WH, Cannon GB, Kay HD, Bonnard GD, Herberman RB
- Issue date: 1977 Jan
- Electrophoretic mobility of peripheral non-B human Fc gamma-receptors bearing lymphocytes.
- Authors: Chollet P, Chassagne J, Thierry C, Gauvin H, Vuillaume C, Serrou B, Plagne R
- Issue date: 1980 Feb
- Identification of lymphocyte subpopulations in E-RFC-enriched and E-RFC-depleted cell fractions of fresh and cryopreserved lymphocytes.
- Authors: Bolhuis RL, Schuit HR
- Issue date: 1979 Feb
- Evidence that active and stable E-rosette forming cells belong to different human T lymphocyte subpopulations.
- Authors: Paris SC, García LF
- Issue date: 1983 May-Jun
- Functional activities of rosette separated human peripheral blood leukocytes.
- Authors: Dean JH, Silva JS, McCOY JL, Leonard CM, Cannon GB, Herberman RB
- Issue date: 1975 Nov