AffiliationPaterson Laboratories, Christie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Withington, Manchester M20 9BX England
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractCell lines have been produced from long-term cultures of mouse bone marrow that require a factor, present in WEHI-3 conditioned medium (CM) or in spleen CM, for their sustained growth. The cell lines were obtained from nonvirus-treated cultures, are nonleukemic, maintain a normal karyotype, and form colonies showing granulocyte maturation when plated in soft agar. Granulocyte/macrophage (GM) colony-stimulating factor is not the inductive moiety involved in the maintenance of proliferation of these cells. It is suggested that the cell lines represent a self-renewing population of cells ancestral to GM colony-forming cells, which may be responding to a hitherto unrecognized regulator.
CitationGrowth of factor-dependent hemopoietic precursor cell lines. 1980, 152 (4):1036-47 J Exp Med
JournalThe Journal of Experimental Medicine
- Proliferative effects of purified granulocyte colony-stimulating factor (G-CSF) on normal mouse hemopoietic cells.
- Authors: Metcalf D, Nicola NA
- Issue date: 1983 Aug
- Production of colony-stimulating factor(s) for granulocyte-macrophage and multipotential (granulocyte/erythroid/megakaryocyte/macrophage) hematopoietic progenitor cells (CFU-GEMM) by clonal lines of human IL-2-dependent T-lymphocytes.
- Authors: Greenberger JS, Krensky AM, Messner H, Burakoff SJ, Wandl U, Sakakeeny MA
- Issue date: 1984 Oct
- Studies on nude mice bearing human CSF-producing tumor. III. Colony type of granulocyte-macrophage precursors of nude mice bearing CSF-producing tumor.
- Authors: Suda T, Miura Y, Ozawa K, Motoyoshi K, Takaku F
- Issue date: 1982 Nov-Dec
- Characterization of hemopoietic activities in media conditioned by a murine marrow-derived adherent cell line, B.Ad.
- Authors: Li CL, Culter RL, Johnson GR
- Issue date: 1987 May
- Purified murine granulocyte/macrophage progenitor cells express a high-affinity receptor for recombinant murine granulocyte/macrophage colony-stimulating factor.
- Authors: Williams DE, Bicknell DC, Park LS, Straneva JE, Cooper S, Broxmeyer HE
- Issue date: 1988 Jan