The experimental determination of C lambda using an absorbed dose calorimeter.
AuthorsWilliams, Peter C
AffiliationRegional Dept. of Medical Phys. & Bioengng., Christie Hospital, Manchester, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe absorbed dose conversion factors, C lambda, were introduced, by Greene and Massey, as an interim measure until a primary standard for high energy photon dosimetry could be established. The theoretical basis of these factors has been discussed extensively and a more rigorous definition has emerged. Experiments have been carried out to determine the values of C lambda, for a Tufnol walled, Baldwin-Farmer ionisation chamber over a range of energies from cobalt-60 to 12 MV. The experimental results, based on measurements with a calorimeter, presented here support the more rigorous definition but it is shown that the values obtained depend, to a small extent, on the assumptions made about the detailed construction of the ionisation chamber for which C lambda is measured.
CitationThe experimental determination of C lambda using an absorbed dose calorimeter. 1980, 25 (1):77-84 Phys Med Biol
JournalPhysics in Medicine and Biology
- Absorbed dose determination with a water calorimeter in comparison with an ionisation chamber.
- Authors: Kubo H
- Issue date: 1983 Dec
- A theoretical study of cavity chamber correction factors for photon beam absorbed dose determination.
- Authors: McEwan AC
- Issue date: 1980 Jan
- The photon calibration of a tissue-equivalent ionisation chamber for neutron dosimetry.
- Authors: Williams JR, Greening JR
- Issue date: 1980 Mar
- Absorbed dose to water determination with ionization chamber dosimetry and calorimetry in restricted neutron, photon, proton and heavy-ion radiation fields.
- Authors: Brede HJ, Greif KD, Hecker O, Heeg P, Heese J, Jones DT, Kluge H, Schardt D
- Issue date: 2006 Aug 7
- Calorimetric determination of kQ factors for NE 2561 and NE 2571 ionization chambers in 5 cm x 5 cm and 10 cm x 10 cm radiotherapy beams of 8 MV and 16 MV photons.
- Authors: Krauss A, Kapsch RP
- Issue date: 2007 Oct 21