The experimental determination of C lambda using an absorbed dose calorimeter.
AuthorsWilliams, Peter C
AffiliationRegional Dept. of Medical Phys. & Bioengng., Christie Hospital, Manchester, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe absorbed dose conversion factors, C lambda, were introduced, by Greene and Massey, as an interim measure until a primary standard for high energy photon dosimetry could be established. The theoretical basis of these factors has been discussed extensively and a more rigorous definition has emerged. Experiments have been carried out to determine the values of C lambda, for a Tufnol walled, Baldwin-Farmer ionisation chamber over a range of energies from cobalt-60 to 12 MV. The experimental results, based on measurements with a calorimeter, presented here support the more rigorous definition but it is shown that the values obtained depend, to a small extent, on the assumptions made about the detailed construction of the ionisation chamber for which C lambda is measured.
CitationThe experimental determination of C lambda using an absorbed dose calorimeter. 1980, 25 (1):77-84 Phys Med Biol
JournalPhysics in Medicine and Biology
- Absorbed dose determination with a water calorimeter in comparison with an ionisation chamber.
- Authors: Kubo H
- Issue date: 1983 Dec
- Aerrow: A probe-format graphite calorimeter for absolute dosimetry of high-energy photon beams in the clinical environment.
- Authors: Renaud J, Sarfehnia A, Bancheri J, Seuntjens J
- Issue date: 2018 Jan
- A standard for absorbed dose rate to water in a 60Co field using a graphite calorimeter at the National Metrology Institute of Japan.
- Authors: Morishita Y, Kato M, Takata N, Kurosawa T, Tanaka T, Saito N
- Issue date: 2013
- A theoretical study of cavity chamber correction factors for photon beam absorbed dose determination.
- Authors: McEwan AC
- Issue date: 1980 Jan
- Absolute x-ray dosimetry on a synchrotron medical beam line with a graphite calorimeter.
- Authors: Harty PD, Lye JE, Ramanathan G, Butler DJ, Hall CJ, Stevenson AW, Johnston PN
- Issue date: 2014 May