A pulse radiolysis study of the complexing of furocoumarins with DNA and proteins.
AffiliationPaterson Laboratories, Christie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Manchester, M20 9BX, England
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThe complexing of furocoumarins with DNA in aqueous solution has been investigated using the fast-reaction technique of pulse radiolysis. Association constants are given for 8-methoxypsoralen, psoralen, khellin, angelicin, 5,7-dimethoxycoumarin, 5-methoxypsoralen and 4'-aminomethyl-4,5',8-trimethylpsoralen. In addition, the complexing of some furocoumarins to the protein, bovine serum albumin, has also been studied.
CitationA pulse radiolysis study of the complexing of furocoumarins with DNA and proteins. 1980, 608 (1):182-9 Biochim Biophys Acta
JournalBiochimica et Biophysica Acta
- Fluorescence studies on the interaction of furocoumarins with DNA in the dark.
- Authors: Gupta M, Ali R
- Issue date: 1984 May
- Drug-protein interaction: plasma protein binding of furocoumarins.
- Authors: Veronese FM, Bevilacqua R, Schiavon O, Rodighiero G
- Issue date: 1979 Aug
- Synthesis and characterization of new psoralen derivatives with superior photoreactivity with DNA and RNA.
- Authors: Isaacs ST, Shen CK, Hearst JE, Rapoport H
- Issue date: 1977 Mar 22
- Sequence specificity in photoreaction of various psoralen derivatives with DNA: role in biological activity.
- Authors: Boyer V, Moustacchi E, Sage E
- Issue date: 1988 Apr 19
- Photobinding of psoralen and 8-methoxypsoralen to calf thymus DNA.
- Authors: Sherman WV, Grossweiner LI
- Issue date: 1981 Nov