Malignant myelomonocytic cells after in vitro infection of marrow cells with Friend leukaemia virus.
AffiliationPaterson Laboratories, Christie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Manchester
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractInfection of long-term BDF1 marrow cultures with Friend leukaemia virus complex (FLV) induced transformed cells with myelomonocytic characteristics, which were isolated only 14 days after the viral infection. Criteria for transformation were growth in suspension cultures and high plating efficiency in agar. The lymphatic leukaemia virus (LLV) replicates in these suspension cultures, but the spleen focus-forming virus (SFFV) component of the FLV complex has not been detected. Injection of the transformed cells into syngeneic neonatal or adult mice leads to the development of leukaemia which can be demonstrated to be of donor origin by the presence of two metacentric marker chromosomes which are also seen in the cultured cells.
CitationMalignant myelomonocytic cells after in vitro infection of marrow cells with Friend leukaemia virus. 1980, 41 (1):33-9 Br J Cancer
JournalBritish Journal of Cancer
- Malignant myeloblastic transformation of murine long-term bone marrow cultures by F-MuLV: in vitro reproduction of a long-term leukemogenesis, and investigation of preleukemic events.
- Authors: Heard JM, Fichelson S, Sola B, Martial MA, Berger R, Varet B, Levy JP
- Issue date: 1983 Aug 15
- Virus and cell requirements for Friend virus granulocytic leukemogenesis in long-term bone marrow cultures of NIH swiss [N:NIH(S)] mice.
- Authors: Greenberger JS, Newburger PE, Lipton JM, Moloney WC, Sakakeeny MA, Jackson PL
- Issue date: 1980 Apr
- Characterization of myelomonocytic leukemia cells induced by in vitro infection of bone marrow with FLV.
- Authors: Testa NG, Dexter TM, Teich NM
- Issue date: 1979
- Transformation of DBA/2 mouse fetal liver cells infected in vitro by the anemic strain of Friend leukemia virus.
- Authors: Golde DW, Bersch N, Friend C, Tsuei D, Marovitz W
- Issue date: 1979 Feb
- Kinetics of erythroid precursors in mice infected with the anemic or the polycythemic strain of Friend leukemia virus.
- Authors: Peschle C, Migliaccio G, Lettieri F, Migliaccio AR, Ceccarelli R, Barba P, Titti F, Rossi GB
- Issue date: 1980 Apr