Biochemical controls of the G1 phase of a mammalian cell cycle. I. Analysis of chromatin proteins in temperature-sensitive variants.
AffiliationPaterson Laboratories Christie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Manchester M20 9BX, U.K.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractChromatin proteins of Balb/c-3T3 cell line and its temperature sensitive variants A83 and A8, arrested in G1 phase of the cell cycle at the restricted temperature, were analysed on SDS-polyacrylamide gel by electrophoresis to detect major alterations that could be related to the G1 arrest. Appearance of two additional proteins (mol. wt. 80,000 and 20,000) and disappearance of another (mol.wt. 14,000) were thought to be significant. The protein of mol.wt. 20,000 was absent in the G1- derivatives, suggesting a possible relationship to the appearance of the G1 phase.
CitationBiochemical controls of the G1 phase of a mammalian cell cycle. I. Analysis of chromatin proteins in temperature-sensitive variants. 1980, 4 (4):365-78 Cell Biol. Int. Rep.
JournalCell Biology International Reports
- Biochemical controls of the G1 phase of a mammalian cell cycle. II. Synthesis of H1 histones in temperature sensitive mouse cells, arrested in G1 phase.
- Authors: Gooderham K, Naha PM
- Issue date: 1981 Dec
- Physical properties of DNA and chromatin isolated from G1- and S-phase HeLa S-3 cells. Effects of histone H1 phosphorylation and stage-specific nonhistone chromosomal proteins on the molar ellipticity of native and reconstituted nucleoproteins during thermal denaturation.
- Authors: Dolby TN, Ajiro K, Borun TW, Gilmour RS, Zweidler A, Cohen L, Miller P, Nieolini C
- Issue date: 1979 Apr 3
- Disappearance of a structural chromatin protein A24 in mitosis: implications for molecular basis of chromatin condensation.
- Authors: Matsui SI, Seon BK, Sandberg AA
- Issue date: 1979 Dec
- Trichostatin A-induced histone acetylation causes decondensation of interphase chromatin.
- Authors: Tóth KF, Knoch TA, Wachsmuth M, Frank-Stöhr M, Stöhr M, Bacher CP, Müller G, Rippe K
- Issue date: 2004 Aug 15
- Synthesis of H1 histones by BHK cells in G1.
- Authors: Tarnowka MA, Baglioni C, Basilico C
- Issue date: 1978 Sep