AffiliationPaterson Laboratories, Christie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Withington, Manchester M20 9BX, England
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractWe have shown that collagen gel can be used as a culture matrix for the cloning of granulocyte/macrophage progenitor cells (CFU-C), the production of foci of marrow stromal cells and the maintenance of stem cell proliferation, differentiation and the production of CFU-C. Since collagen is a physiological matrix and allows the simultaneous growth of a variety of cellular elements, the system should prove useful for examining the role of cell/cell interactions and regulatory molecules involved in haemopoiesis.
CitationCollagen gels as a matrix for haemopoiesis. 1981, 106 (2):269-77 J Cell Physiol
JournalJournal of Cellular Physiology
- Self-renewal and differentiation of a novel bipotent myeloid progenitor clone in the stroma-dependent culture.
- Authors: Okubo T, Yanai N, Obinata M
- Issue date: 2000 Jun
- A murine stromal cell line allows the proliferation of very primitive human CD34++/CD38- progenitor cells in long-term cultures and semisolid assays.
- Authors: Issaad C, Croisille L, Katz A, Vainchenker W, Coulombel L
- Issue date: 1993 Jun 1
- Multi-level effects of flt3 ligand on human hematopoiesis: expansion of putative stem cells and proliferation of granulomonocytic progenitors/monocytic precursors.
- Authors: Gabbianelli M, Pelosi E, Montesoro E, Valtieri M, Luchetti L, Samoggia P, Vitelli L, Barberi T, Testa U, Lyman S
- Issue date: 1995 Sep 1
- Fibronectin increases both non-adherent cells and CFU-GM while collagen increases adherent cells in human normal long-term bone marrow cultures.
- Authors: Hassan HT, Sadovinkova EYu, Drize NJ, Zander AR, Neth R
- Issue date: 1997
- FLT3/FLK2 ligand promotes the growth of murine stem cells and the expansion of colony-forming cells and spleen colony-forming units.
- Authors: Hudak S, Hunte B, Culpepper J, Menon S, Hannum C, Thompson-Snipes L, Rennick D
- Issue date: 1995 May 15