Renal size as a prognostic factor in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
AffiliationDepartment o f Medical Statistics, Christie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Manchester, England
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA single-film intravenous pyelogram was performed on 87 children with acute lymphoblastic leukemia at presentation. The kidney size was measured and a standard deviation score based on patient height was calculated. There was a tendency of renal enlargement, with 21 patients (24%) having scores of over 1 SD and 6 (7%) over 2 SD. A trend of shorter duration of first remission with increasing renal size was shown to be statistically significant (P = 0.036). This trend was not quite statistically significant (P = 0.087) whenthe analysis was confined to 54 "better-risk" patients (WBC less than 20 X 10(9)/liter and no mediastinal mass), and was much weaker and not significant in 33 "poor-risk" patients (P = 0.62).
CitationRenal size as a prognostic factor in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia. 1981, 48 (1):207-9 Cancer
- Lymphoblast cell size and prognosis in acute lymphoblastic leukemia in childhood.
- Authors: Janka GE, Teige-Singer S, Haas RJ, Lau BM
- Issue date: 1978 Aug 15
- [Renal enlargement and prognosis of acute lymphoblastic leukemia in children: absence of correlations].
- Authors: Pastore G, Saracco P, Miniero R, Artesani L, Listello G, Cordero di Montezemolo L, Madon E, Nicola P
- Issue date: 1984 Jul-Aug
- [Lymphoblast cell size in childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia: study on correlation with duration of remission or with PAS-positivity (author's transl)].
- Authors: Vecchi V, Faldella G, Vivarelli F, Rosito P, Paolucci G
- Issue date: 1977 Dec
- Prognostic value of nephromegaly at diagnosis of childhood acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
- Authors: D'Angelo P, Mura R, Rizzari C, Conter V, Bellini F, Valsecchi MG, Manganini C, Silvestri D, Masera G
- Issue date: 1995
- Severe infiltration of the kidneys with ultrasonic abnormalities in acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
- Authors: Goh TS, LeQuesne GW, Wong KY
- Issue date: 1978 Dec