The results of diethylstilboestrol therapy for recurrent and metastatic carcinoma of the male breast.
AffiliationDepartment of Radiotherapy, The Christie Hospital & Holt Radium Institute, Manchester
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractA retrospective survey has been made of 58 patients with recurrent and advanced male breast cancer treated with oral diethylstilboestrol. Fifty-five patients were suitable for assessment. Fourteen patients had an objective response and 7 had a partial response giving a total response of 21/55 patients (38%). The median remission for the objective responders was 7 years. Three patients are alive and free of disease; one has now been in remission for 13 years. It is suggested that diethylstilboestrol is a useful treatment in patients with soft tissue disease (breast, chest wall and/or lymph nodes).
CitationThe results of diethylstilboestrol therapy for recurrent and metastatic carcinoma of the male breast. 1976, 33 (4):465-7 Br J Cancer
JournalBritish Journal of Cancer
PubMed Central IDPMC2025078
- Aminoglutethimide in treatment of metastatic breast carcinoma.
- Authors: Smith IE, Fitzharris BM, McKinna JA, Fahmy DR, Nash AG, Neville AM, Gazet JC, Ford HT, Powles TJ
- Issue date: 1978 Sep 23
- Clinical outcome in women with HER2-positive de novo or recurring stage IV breast cancer receiving trastuzumab-based therapy.
- Authors: Rossi V, Nolè F, Redana S, Adamoli L, Martinello R, Aurilio G, Verri E, Sapino A, Viale G, Aglietta M, Montemurro F
- Issue date: 2014 Feb
- Docetaxel, cisplatin, and fluorouracil for patients with inoperable recurrent or metastatic head and neck squamous cell carcinoma.
- Authors: Cho H, Nishiike S, Yamamoto Y, Takenaka Y, Nakahara S, Yasui T, Hanamoto A, Inohara H
- Issue date: 2015 Oct
- Diethylstilbestrol revisited in advanced breast cancer management.
- Authors: Boyer MJ, Tattersall MH
- Issue date: 1990
- [Treatment outcomes and clinicopathologic characteristics of advanced triple-negative breast cancer patients].
- Authors: Zhang P, Xu BH, Ma F, Li Q, Yuan P, Wang JY, Zhang P
- Issue date: 2011 May