MetadataShow full item record
AbstractOvarian function was studied in 18 female patients treated for abdominal tumours during childhood. All received abdominal radiotherapy as part of their treatment and were studied between 1 and 26 years after irradiation. The serum gonadotrophins and oestradiol levels were consistent with ovarian failure in each case but there was a disproportionate elevation in serum follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) when compared to serum luteinizing hormone (LH) in 16. In 2 patients, the radiotherapeutic field extended downwards only as far as the sacral promontory. However, these 2 girls show similar evidence of ovarian failure to that in the other 16.
CitationOvarian failure following abdominal irradiation in childhood. 1976, 33 (6):655-8 Br J Cancer
JournalBritish Journal of Cancer
PubMed Central IDPMC2025110
- Pituitary-ovarian relationships preceding the menopause. I. A cross-sectional study of serum follice-stimulating hormone, luteinizing hormone, prolactin, estradiol, and progesterone levels.
- Authors: Reyes FI, Winter JS, Faiman C
- Issue date: 1977 Nov 1
- Inhibin B, follicle stimulating hormone, luteinizing hormone, and estradiol and their relationship to the regulation of follicle development in girls during childhood and puberty.
- Authors: Chada M, Průsa R, Bronský J, Pechová M, Kotaska K, Lisá L
- Issue date: 2003
- Temporal relationships between ovulation and defined changes in the concentration of plasma estradiol-17 beta, luteinizing hormone, follicle-stimulating hormone, and progesterone. I. Probit analysis. World Health Organization, Task Force on Methods for the Determination of the Fertile Period, Special Programme of Research, Development and Research Training in Human Reproduction.
- Issue date: 1980 Oct 15
- Failure of estrogen-induced discharge of luteinizing hormone in lactating women.
- Authors: Baird DT, McNeilly AS, Sawers RS, Sharpe RM
- Issue date: 1979 Oct
- Classification of secondary amenorrhea based on distinct hormonal patterns.
- Authors: Kletzky OA, Davajan V, Nakamura RM, Mishell DR Jr
- Issue date: 1975 Oct