AuthorsRead, Graham R
AffiliationDepartment of Radiotherapy, Christie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Manchester
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractFifty-one patients with malignant lymphoma presenting in the testis are reported. The tumours were all diffuse non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. Eight patients had bilateral involvement. Fifty-three per cent of patients had evidence of spread beyond the testis at presentation and 75% at some time. The actuarial survival for all patients was 20% and for patients with disease apparently confined to the testis 40%. There was a survival advantage for patients with right sided tumours and lymphocytic histology. Chemotherapy using the VAP regime followed by radiotherapy to sites of bulky disease is recommended for patients with evidence of spread at presentation. For patients with disease apparently confined to the testis it is suggested that consideration should be given to adjuvant chemotherapy following radiotherapy to the abdominal nodes and scrotum.
CitationLymphomas of the testis-results of treatment 1960–1977 1981, 32 (6):687 Clinical Radiology
- Malignant lymphoma of the testis.
- Authors: Baldetorp LA, Brunkvall J, Cavallin-Ståhl E, Henrikson H, Holm E, Olsson AM, Akerman M
- Issue date: 1984 Oct
- Malignant lymphoma of the testis, epididymis, and spermatic cord. A clinicopathologic study of 69 cases with immunophenotypic analysis.
- Authors: Ferry JA, Harris NL, Young RH, Coen J, Zietman A, Scully RE
- Issue date: 1994 Apr
- [Non-Hodgkin lymphoma of the testis].
- Authors: Streuli R, Maurer R, Graf C, Rhyner K
- Issue date: 1983 May 28
- [Malignant lymphoma of the testis].
- Authors: Ganem G, Gisselbrecht C, Jouault H, Tricot G, Martin M, Boiron M
- Issue date: 1985 Oct 5
- Non-Hodgkin lymphoma of the testis.
- Authors: Tepperman BS, Gospodarowicz MK, Bush RS, Brown TC
- Issue date: 1982 Jan