AbstractCytotoxicity of L-canavanive, a structural analogue of L-arginine, was tested by means of (1) inhibition of DNA synthesis in Balb/c-3T3 cell line and (2) inhibition of mitosis in peripheral blood lymphocytes in culture. The cytostatic nature of inhibition caused by L-canavanine was indicated by the complete recovery of cells after withdrawal of the drug.
CitationCytotoxicity of L-canavanine in vitro. 1981, 1 (5):275-7 Anticancer Res.
- Enhancement of human tumor cell killing by L-canavanine in combination with gamma-radiation.
- Authors: Green MH, Ward JF
- Issue date: 1983 Sep
- Inhibition of the growth of human pancreatic cancer cells by the arginine antimetabolite L-canavanine.
- Authors: Swaffar DS, Ang CY, Desai PB, Rosenthal GA
- Issue date: 1994 Dec 1
- The biological effects and mode of action of L-canavanine, a structural analogue of L-arginine.
- Authors: Rosenthal GA
- Issue date: 1977 Jun
- Antitumor activity of L-canavanine against L1210 murine leukemia.
- Authors: Green MH, Brooks TL, Mendelsohn J, Howell SB
- Issue date: 1980 Mar
- Trimethylmethoxyphenyl-retinoic acid (Ro 10-1670) inhibits mitogen-induced DNA-synthesis in peripheral blood lymphocytes in vitro.
- Authors: Bauer R, Orfanos CE
- Issue date: 1981 Jul