AbstractCytotoxicity of L-canavanive, a structural analogue of L-arginine, was tested by means of (1) inhibition of DNA synthesis in Balb/c-3T3 cell line and (2) inhibition of mitosis in peripheral blood lymphocytes in culture. The cytostatic nature of inhibition caused by L-canavanine was indicated by the complete recovery of cells after withdrawal of the drug.
CitationCytotoxicity of L-canavanine in vitro. 1981, 1 (5):275-7 Anticancer Res.
- Enhancement of human tumor cell killing by L-canavanine in combination with gamma-radiation.
- Authors: Green MH, Ward JF
- Issue date: 1983 Sep
- Inhibition of the growth of human pancreatic cancer cells by the arginine antimetabolite L-canavanine.
- Authors: Swaffar DS, Ang CY, Desai PB, Rosenthal GA
- Issue date: 1994 Dec 1
- Antitumor activity of L-canavanine against L1210 murine leukemia.
- Authors: Green MH, Brooks TL, Mendelsohn J, Howell SB
- Issue date: 1980 Mar
- The immunologic function of 1B2+ double negative (CD4-CD8-) T cells in the 2C transgenic mouse.
- Authors: Margenthaler JA, Flye MW
- Issue date: 2005 Jun 15
- DNA synthesis by L929 cells following doxorubicin exposure.
- Authors: Lanks KW, Lehman JM
- Issue date: 1990 Aug 1