AffiliationDepartments of Radiotherapy and Clinical Pharmacology, Christie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Withington, Manchester, UK
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractThirty-four patients with metastatic breast carcinoma were treated with the following combination: methotrexate 60 mg/m2 i.v. days 1 and 8,5-fluorouracil 500 mg/m2 i.v. days 1 and 8, cyclophosphamide 100 mg/m2 daily for 14 days, and prednisolone 25 mg b.d. by mouth daily for 14 days. In 21/34 (62%) patients regression of tumour was maintained for at least three months and in six (18%) this was complete. The median duration of response was 15 months (range 6--33) and there was a significant difference in survival between responders and non-responders (P<0.01). Toxicity was acceptable although dose reduction was necessary in eight patients and in three patients treatment had to be discontinued.
CitationChemotherapy of metastatic carcinoma of the breast. 1980, 31 (4):433-6 Clin Radiol
- Mitoxantrone, 5-fluorouracil, and high dose leucovorin (NFL) versus intravenous cyclophosphamide, methotrexate, and 5-fluorouracil (CMF) in first-line chemotherapy for patients with metastatic breast carcinoma: a randomized phase II trial.
- Authors: Hainsworth JD, Jolivet J, Birch R, Hopkins LG, Greco FA
- Issue date: 1997 Feb 15
- [Combination chemotherapy in metastatic breast cancer].
- Authors: Kuten A, Lev L, Mohaliver J, Robinson E
- Issue date: 1981 Feb 1
- Comparison of adjuvant chemotherapy with methotrexate and fluorouracil with and without cyclophosphamide in breast cancer patients with one to three positive axillary lymph nodes.
- Authors: Shapiro CL, Gelman RS, Hayes DF, Osteen R, Obando A, Canellos GP, Frei E 3rd, Henderson IC
- Issue date: 1993 May 19
- Twenty-four hour combination chemotherapy: a feasibility study with implications for improved adjuvant treatment of breast cancer.
- Authors: Price LA, Hill BT, Marks P, Howell A, Monypenny I, Morrison JM
- Issue date: 1983 Jan
- Cyclophosphamide, methotrexate, and chronic oral tegafur modulated by folinic acid in the treatment of patients with advanced breast carcinoma.
- Authors: Ribas A, Albanell J, Solé-Calvo LA, Gallardo E, Bellmunt J, Vera R, Vidal R, Carulla J, Baselga J
- Issue date: 1998 Mar 1