Randomised clinical trial of levonantradol and chlorpromazine in the prevention of radiotherapy-induced vomiting.
AffiliationDepartment of Radiotherapy and Oncology, Christie Hospital and Holt Radium Institute, Manchester, U.K.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractLevonantradol is a cannabis derivative. Cannabinoid anti-emetics are being assessed in cancer chemotherapy but have been little used in radiotherapy to date. A pilot study and randomised trial compared the anti-emetic effect of a standard drug (Chlorpromazine 26 mg) with Levonantradol at two doses (0.5 and 0.75 mg) in patients receiving palliative single fraction radiotherapy to sites likely to cause nausea and vomiting. Most patients were out-patients. Both drugs were well tolerated. The frequency of vomiting was similar in all three groups in both the pilot study and randomised trial.
CitationRandomised clinical trial of levonantradol and chlorpromazine in the prevention of radiotherapy-induced vomiting. 1982, 33 (6):621-2 Clin Radiol
- A randomised multicentre single blind comparison of a cannabinoid anti-emetic (levonantradol) with chlorpromazine in patients receiving their first cytotoxic chemotherapy.
- Authors: Hutcheon AW, Palmer JB, Soukop M, Cunningham D, McArdle C, Welsh J, Stuart F, Sangster G, Kaye S, Charlton D
- Issue date: 1983 Aug
- Levonantradol: a synthetic cannabinoid in the treatment of severe chemotherapy-induced nausea and vomiting resistant to conventional anti-emetic therapy.
- Authors: Stuart-Harris RC, Mooney CA, Smith IE
- Issue date: 1983 Jun
- Cannabinoids for nausea and vomiting in adults with cancer receiving chemotherapy.
- Authors: Smith LA, Azariah F, Lavender VT, Stoner NS, Bettiol S
- Issue date: 2015 Nov 12
- Randomized crossover study of the antiemetic activity of levonantradol and metoclopramide in cancer patients receiving chemotherapy.
- Authors: Heim ME, Queisser W, Altenburg HP
- Issue date: 1984
- Levonantradol, a new antiemetic with a high rate of side-effects for the prevention of nausea and vomiting in patients receiving cancer chemotherapy.
- Authors: Joss RA, Galeazzi RL, Bischoff A, Do DD, Goldhirsch A, Brunner KW
- Issue date: 1982