AffiliationCancer Research Campaign Department of Medical Oncology, Christie Hospital & Holt Radium Institute and Manchester University, WIlmslow Road, Manchester M20 9BX, U.K.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractBone marrow biopsy was performed as part of the initial assessment in 74 patients with soft tissue sarcoma. Infiltration of the marrow by tumour was present in four cases, all from the group of 56 patients who had other evidence of metastatic disease, giving an overall incidence of 7%. The histological subtypes were pleomorphic rhabdomyosarcoma, angiosarcoma, synovial sarcoma and myxoid liposarcoma, of which the first three were high-grade tumours. Although it was not possible to determine whether response to chemotherapy was influenced by marrow involvement, haematological toxicity seemed excessive.
CitationBone marrow involvement in adult soft tissue sarcomas. 1982, 18 (11):1099-106 Eur J Cancer Clin Oncol
JournalEuropean Journal of Cancer & Clinical Oncology
- Progress in the diagnosis and treatment of rhabdomyosarcoma and related soft tissue sarcomas.
- Authors: Ruymann FB, Grovas AC
- Issue date: 2000
- [An analysis of autopsy cases of malignant soft tissue and bone tumors].
- Authors: Enjoji M, Hashimoto H, Yamamoto I, Daimaru Y
- Issue date: 1989 Apr
- Significant clinical benefit of first-line palliative chemotherapy in advanced soft-tissue sarcoma: retrospective analysis and identification of prognostic factors in 488 patients.
- Authors: Karavasilis V, Seddon BM, Ashley S, Al-Muderis O, Fisher C, Judson I
- Issue date: 2008 Apr 1
- Tumor size as a prognostic indicator of histologic grade of soft tissue sarcoma.
- Authors: Nakanishi H, Tomita Y, Ohsawa M, Naka N, Araki N, Ochi T, Aozasa K
- Issue date: 1997 Jul
- Histopathological re-classification of extremity pleomorphic soft tissue sarcoma has clinical relevance.
- Authors: Massi D, Beltrami G, Capanna R, Franchi A
- Issue date: 2004 Dec