Production of presumptive humoral haematopoietic regulators in canine cyclic haematopoiesis.
AffiliationThe Department of Medical Biology, Memorial Research Center, The University of Tennessee College of Medicine, Knoxville Units.
MetadataShow full item record
AbstractConditioned media (CM) were prepared according to previously published techniques from the bone marrow of dogs with cyclic haematopoiesis (CH). CM prepared from day 9 marrows inhibited mouse bone marrow CFU-s proliferation rate while CM from day 10 marrows were stimulatory and also contained an erythroid stimulating factor which appeared to be erythropoietin. In addition a highly significant trend from CM containing CFU-s inhibitory materials to media with CFU-s stimulatory activity was observed through cycles day 1 to 8. These studies further support the concept that CH is due to a defect in factors controlling stem cell proliferation and suggest that a major event occurs in CH dog marrow on days 9 and/or 10 of the cycle.
CitationProduction of presumptive humoral haematopoietic regulators in canine cyclic haematopoiesis. 1982, 15 (1):1-10 Cell Tissue Kinet
JournalCell and Tissue Kinetics
- Canine cyclic haematopoiesis: bone marrow adherent cell influence of CFU-C formation.
- Authors: Jones JB, Jolly JD
- Issue date: 1982 Apr
- Conditioned medium from primary porcine endothelial cells alone promotes the growth of primitive human haematopoietic progenitor cells with a high replating potential: evidence for a novel early haematopoietic activity.
- Authors: Davis TA, Black AT, Kidwell WR, Lee KP
- Issue date: 1997 Apr
- Studies of W mutant mice provide evidence for alternate mechanisms capable of activating hematopoietic stem cells.
- Authors: Miller CL, Rebel VI, Lemieux ME, Helgason CD, Lansdorp PM, Eaves CJ
- Issue date: 1996 Feb
- Progenitor cells in canine cyclic hematopoiesis.
- Authors: Dunn CD, Jones JB, Jolly JD, Lange RD
- Issue date: 1977 Dec
- Mechanisms of haemopoietic stem cell proliferation control.
- Authors: Wright EG, Lord BI, Dexter TM, Lajtha LG
- Issue date: 1979 Jun 15